Old September 1st 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Default could this pattern be made in a quilt style?

Got a 9-degree wedge ruler?
Roberta in D

"nzlstar*" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oh no, i meant this with quilted sleeves.
making up the sleeves then inserting into a section of the rest of the
circle.
made with wedges, sorta like bargello is done in a circle, very sorta,
lol,
sleeves inserted, hmmmm, might need to insert quilted sleeves into a wider
point than those that are knitted, eh.
i hate doing mock-ups, drives me bonkers.
i much prefer thunk'n it out til i cant thunk no more.

seems to me take'n into consideration the pix, both laid flat and as
worn...
the centre circle size looks to me about 7" or 8".
then each row about 3" wide with 6...
so maybe the final diametre of the circle is about 45", give or take a
few.
i rounded it up a bit.
i could well be way off base on that too.
the centre circle sits right at mid back, say around the heart position.
so from there maybe measure how long you want it to be over your hips.
if you wanted it really long, would have to make it an oval-ish shape...i
can pix in my head but for the life of me can not explain that.
hmmmmmmm, more thunk'n downunder,
jeanne

"Pat in Virginia" wrote...
Jeanne:

Yes, I can picture this as a sleeveless quilted jacket, but can't figure
out how to add sleeves. Maybe if I made up on sleeveless model, I could
move on to making the version with sleeves. Since I do not knit, I cannot
figure out what is the diameter of the sweater. I would need that info to
get started. If anyone has that answer, please let us know! Ta.

Choosing the right materials would be important. To be successful, one
would need a very fine, drapy batting, and one would have to be careful
not to have too much close quilting. The fabric should be of the softer
variety, nothing cheap with too much filler. But, those are just detains
... this could be a FUN project!

PAT in VA/USA

nzlstar* wrote:
http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=138024
check the design laid out flat at the bottom of the page.
i wonder if you made the sleeves up separately and sew'd them into the
space between rows....
i guess u'd have to not add too much quilting or place it carefully so
the jacket laid correctly.
hmmmmmmm, might work.
anyone see issues or got anymore ideas on this as a possible quilt
jacket?
just thunk'n outloud again.
jeanne
currently eating a late breakfast so brain still somewhat incoherent,
probly this wont work at all