Old December 26th 05, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?/omelets in an bag

Really fun.
Guests for breakfast- or a late night snack? Here is an easy way to prepare
a tasty treat.

Recipe for the Omelet in a Bag:

1. Have your guests use a permanent marker to write their
name on a quart size self-locking freezer bag.

2. Crack two large or extra-large eggs into each bag
(more than two will not work.) Shake, mixing them well.

3. Put out a variety of ingredients such as grated cheeses
ham, onion, green pepper. tomato, frozen hash browns
(don't put too many of these in-they take over), salsa,
cooked bacon, precooked sausage.

4. Have the guests add the prepared ingredients of their
choice to the bag and shake. Make sure to get the air
out of the bag and zip it up.

5. Place the bags into rolling-boiling water for exactly 13 min-
utes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot.
For more, make another pot of boiling water.

6. Open the bag and the omelet will roll out easily. Be
prepared for everyone to be amazed.

This is very nice to serve with fresh fruit and/or coffee cake. Its a great
conversation piece and everyone gets involved in the process. It 's easy,
convenient, and delicious - and NO fat involved. Enjoy.

The veggies come out crisp and not soggy!!! Really easy and tasty!!!

"KJ" wrote in message
Omelets in a bag? Enlighten me!
KJ

"elspeth" wrote in message
ink.net...
A beautiful leather coat my DH brought back from Argentina (unfortunately
I need to lose a few pounds for it to fit well), a computer cam and
microphone/headset combo so we can chat "live" while he is away in Denmark
for the next 6 months, a quilt square a day calendar from my
granddaughters, a James Avery charm necklace with several new charms to
add to the vintage charms I have picked up on E-Bay. We made omelets in a
bag for breakfast -- lots of fun and very tasty and I didn't have to cook
them! We are waiting for the legs of lamb to be finished and then will sit
down for lamb and couscous to be followed by a chocolate fountain fondu.
All in all an absolutely lovely day.

It sounds like others have had a great day also. My happiest Holiday
wishes to all.