Old December 26th 05, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?

The basting gun arrived together with a pack of 10 Thimbleberries FQs
which DH had picked out all by himself. He said the assistants started
to explain about the various measurements, but he told them I used
FQs. So he really does listen when I ramble on!! They are in dark rich
colours, warm and cozy ones, so will wait for inspiration (If anyone
wants to inspire, all advice welcome!)

I also got money from other family members, earmarked for a rack
thingy to use with the gun and more 'bullets'. It said sharing the gun
was a health hazard (sharing needles), thought this was a bit OTT!

Also got a lovely big spice rack and spices from DD, a humourous book,
biscuits and preserved fruits, and other unquilt related bits and
bobs.

DD's cat has taken up residence in the bathroom (we have a floor to
ceiling set of shelves for towels) from where he shouts rude comments
at Hodge when he passes by. Hodge justs shakes his head in disbelief
and walks on. We have named Barney the Bathroom dragon - he goes home
tomorrow.

I've put a couple of photos in my Webshots Album - Our Christmas Lunch
table with crackers, and our Christmas Cake iced by DD who has been on
a cake decoration course. Its so cute I don't want to cut it.

My sit-down-day is Thursday - a lull before the storm of DS, his
partner and her three children (aged 14, 12 and 8). They are only
coming for lunch on their way to a New Years Eve party. Fortunately I
made a large lasagne just in case, so that will come in handy.

Thought of doing a bit of applique, but am so tired I think bed would
be a better idea. I woke every couple of hours last night afraid I
would miss the start time for the turkey. I was a bit late going to
bed and DH was asleep so no alarm set. However it was worth it, as I
think it was the best turkey yet.

All that work, and its nearly over!
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
http://community.webshots.com/user/sallyswinOn Sun, 25 Dec 2005
20:09:07 GMT, "KJ" wrote:

I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all. Santa
came early this year and took me to Scotland with all the shopping
exeditions included. Oh, I guess I did get a new set of tires on my van the
other day. Merry Christmas to me! Almost as expensive as my plane ticket!
Hope you all had a great day. Time to slice the roast and set the table.
KJ