Old February 18th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
grammykathy

Default Gutermann thread/ Kate

On Feb 18, 10:41*am, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
grammykathy wrote:
Could someone tell me what this is for!!! *I got a box of different
colors as a gift and they are still in their little box. *Can this be
used for quilt pieceing and quilting or what. *Ya, can you tell I am
still new at this.

GrammyKathy

It depends what type of Gutterman it is... *If it's their All Purpose
Sewing Thread, then yes, though it IS polyester and I'm not keen on it
for piecing (that's just personal choice). *If it's their cotton thread,
use it for either piecing or quilting. *They also do silk thread, which
I use mostly in silk garment construction, a waxed cotton hand quilting
thread, embroidery thread, Topstitching thread (which is thicker) and
serger threads... *Take a look at your reels: the different types of
thread are on different coloured reels, and are also labelled on the ends.

--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk

Kate it IS Polyester. So what should I do with it. No wonder I got it
as a gift. LOL

GrammyKathy