Old June 4th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default How do I setup a studio/workshop for Hydrofluoric Acid Etching?

It would be cheaper, safer and much easier to get a sandblasting
set-up.

^TahirKanch^ wrote:
Hi,

I am fully aware of the dangers for HF, but can anyone please guide me,

***How to setup a workshop/studio to acid etch 5 feet long sheet of
glass?***

I have worked with it in a different country, but because of OSHA, EPA,
Fire Marshall etc. requirements am confused as how to go about setting
up a studio for acid etching here in the U.S.

I know that there needs to be a proper ventilation and proper storage
along with handling ofcourse. I also realize that an OSHA approved
equipment is very expensive.

***Can someone please guide me to what the OSHA approved equipment is
AND please tell me if there is any other cheaper alternative to
that?***

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Tahir.