Old July 27th 03, 11:40 PM
kay lancaster

Default Repair refractory material in a Paragon kiln?

I was recently given an older Paragon electric kiln, meant for china
painting (so it's not huge... about 18" across and deep) -- during
transport, the
refractory material in the bottom cracked, apparently along
brick-shaped lines.
The top looks like it would be moderately easy to reline, but I'm not
at all
sure about taking the whole thing apart to redo the bottom.

Is there, perhaps, a repair cement that could be used to fill the
cracks
at the bottom? Or a place in the Pacific Northwest that does such
repairs?

I'd appreciate an email copy of any replies, as well as posting to the
group...
sometimes the newsgroup feed here is a bit flakey.

Many thanks!

Kay Lancaster (just embarking on the ceramics learning
curve)