Old March 15th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Martha

Default Question about earrings and weight

Yup. Figured I'd have to start using something in addition, like glass. I'd
still like to figure out a way to weight the clay if the design calls for
just clay...

Martha

"Carla" wrote in message
t...
I often use glass and metal along with my polyclay beads, plus I tend to
make fairly large earrings.

Cheers,
Carla

Martha wrote:
Hi all, I have a question about earring weight, or lack thereof. I've
made some cute earrings but the clay is so light when baked
(specifically Premo) that fish hook or French wires lift right out of the
ear. I know I can get those little rubber plugs to put on the earwires,
or use a different wire, but the earrings still lift up and they don't
hang correctly. I haven't made earrings out of other clays yet but I
can't imagine it's any different.

I can't figure out a good way to add weight to a plain clay earring
unless I put a backing on the earring and sandwich a piece of metal in
between.

Anybody got a better idea? Thanks,

Martha