Old November 1st 04, 10:33 PM
knitk

Take a look at the needle bar on the main bed. If this is worn the
needles will jam when the ribber is conected.

When setting up the needles for the 2 x 2 make sure you are set on 5
and P. Set up the needles, the rack to 4 and move slide to H, take
a look at the needle and see if you need to bring up any extra
needles. Cast on with Zig zag and work 3 circular rows, transfer any
stitches that you have borrowed, slide back to P and rack back to 5,
continue knitting.

I hope this has helped.

Kath Coventry UK

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:32:30 -0000, "steel breeze"
wrote:

Hello!

I just bought a ribber today, I've wanted one for ages, it's a Brother
KR850. I'm trying to set the machine up for 2 x 2 rib, and can follow the
instructions until "slide the carriages across the bed and check there are
no jams". They always jam about 2" in from the right. What am I doing wrong?

If anyone's got any ideas I'd be glad to hear them - I promised my sister
lots of little jumpers for the nephew, but the way it's going I shall have
to go down to Gap again !

ttfn

Jane