Old October 7th 11, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default OT More on the NightMist Saga

Big {{{HUGS}}} to NightMist & family. Looking forward to being able to
hear from the lady herself once she is back home. I'm sure she'll have
plenty to say!

Lizzy

On 06/10/11 09:53, NightMist wrote:
Hi folks. This is NM's DH. I haven't done newsgroups for years and am
not really familiar with this software she uses, so I'll probably make a
mess of this, but she wanted news posted.

She made it through surgery and her vitals are reasonably good. She was
awake for a while until they got pain meds actually going and all that.
On hearing that they were going to give her a couple units of whole
blood, she said that if she starts to sparkle, stake her quick before she
starts angst-ing. I'll assume that you know her well enough that no
explanations on that quip are necessary.

Ok, the mass was large. From her doctor's precision method of holding up
his hands to show about how big, apparently about as long as a football.
Probably didn't have any laces or stripes on it like a football, but you
get the general idea. The doctor says it was a cancerous tumour. They
apparently got it all, and also took out some lymph nodes that were near
it just to be safe. He was very pleased with her vital signs and how
fast she was recovering from the surgery. She's in ICU, but they say
that's more because of a lack of beds in the normal place they keep beds,
and normally they would have put her in a regular room.

If I understand the doctor correctly, she may be coming home as soon as
Saturday. It was definitely a doozy of a day.