Old January 26th 11, 08:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W. Rowe[_2_]

Default Thank you the jewelry group

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 23:26:36 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry noman
wrote:

I don't have Windows 7...yet...but this PC is running XP-Pro x64 using
Agent 2.0 and it works.

Yeah, my old dinosour pc running xp pro died. The new one runs win 7, which
doesn't much like the software I used to use. I'm not about to back up to xp
pro on the new machine, since xp pro simply couldn't actually run this new
machine. too much memory, multi core processor, other stuff it simply wasn't
set up to run well.

You could just poast instructions in a FAQ every so often or let the
faithful do it.

what faithful. Who, besides yourself, do you think both reads this group and
would bother to figure out hacking it? Only the spammers, and not many of them,
I think.

It's not that difficult with the right software.

Yeah, I know. I showed you how, remember? but that doesn't mean people are
gonna go buy software just to read a dead newsgroup.

I'll give you space on my server. You'd just have to pay for the
domain name ($20 a year including whois privacy.)
I won't build the site for you but I will give you a FTP.

I actually already have a domain name, not used, but registered. But I'm not a
good enough webmaster / programmer to know how to set up a site to automate the
group. The only software I know that will do it is STUMP, which itself is not
free either, last I checked. And setting it up isn't so simple.

You could tell people about mail-to-news gateways and have 'em post
via email and read on Google Froups. (But filling in a header is sure
easier)

Posting to google groups does not bypass moderation. Those posts sent to Google
still come to me for approval.

That's the thing, man. The future of the internets is http.
This old way is, well, old.

yeah, I know. Like me. Like you too, pal. (oops, sorry. Just me. Not you.
Honest.)

Peter