Old November 11th 03, 02:04 AM
Teresa in Colorado

Great answer! There is no "Right" answer. Every child is different, every
situation is different.

If DS#1 was having a lot of seizures, I would take him to the womans
restroom in a heartbeat!! And expect the ladies present to understand
completely. He did, by the way, do great in O'Hare. :-)

Do I get the prize for responding the most times to a single thread in the
shortest period of time?
--
Teresa in Colorado

The Presser Foot
Sewing Machine Sales, Service, Supplies, and More
www.thepresserfoot.com
--
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
This is one of those sets of question I feel does not have a single simple
answer. What a parent needs to do depends on a lot of different factors.

My
choices would depend on .. how saavy I felt my child was, how safe the
bathroom environment was, in other words the conditions in each situation
would determine my actions. At Walmart I would stand outside the mens room
door.. at O'hare airport I brought him in with me, at the same age. Both
were the right choices at that time.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"TwinMom" wrote in message
OK, so to make this a bit OT, I was away this weekend at a quilting

retreat
(Had a GREAT TIME btw!) and the following item came up between DH & I.

We
have a 3yo DD and twin 7yo DS and our DD had to use the public restroom

at
McD's. DH took her into the men's room, which I found really gross, not

only
because the men's rooms are, generally, filthy, but I don't want her

exposed
(no pun intended) to strangers using the facilities. I felt he should be
taking her into the women's rooms, whenever a single use or family

restroom
is not available. She is not old enough to go unattended and, after all,

take the boys, now 7, into the women's with me. A lengthy discussion has
ensued, so I'm seeking the opinions of follow females, as many as

possible,
on the following issues:
1) How do you feel about a father accompanying his very young daughter

into
the women's restroom to use the facilities? Would you feel threatened or
offended, or would you understand the situation?
2) If you, or your family has experienced this problem with

dads/daughters,
how did you address it?
3) Not important, but I am starting to get "looks" at having my little

boys
in the facilities with me. Do any of you take offense at boy children,

say
under 10, in the woman's restroom with their mothers?
No flames please, I'm just trying to get a cross section of opinions

from
various ages, w/ and w/o children, etc.
TIA
Lorraine in Los Alamos