Old February 19th 04, 04:19 PM
Herb

Or, better yet,
alt.binaries.crafts

Even LESS used, and more likely to be on people's servers, I think.

- Herb

Herb wrote:

Carol wrote:

If you have photos you can email to me and I can put them on my website. I
have a number of projects from people on the site and people enjoy looking
at what others have done. The page with these pics is
http://www.spminiatures.com/customerproj.htm

Carol -

What a nice thing to do!

We could also use
alt.binaries.pictures.crafts

This newsgroup was created for craft pictures, and is just about
completely unused. There have been a total of 8 messages posted over
that last 10 days. Of those, one is a craft picture, two were posted
there instead of on alt.binaries.crafts.pictures, and seven are obvious
spam.

The original newsgroup for craft pictures CAN still be used, but any
miniatures postings would be inundated in the flood of
embroidery-related messages (a total of over 7600 in the past 10 days).

The only problems I would see a

1) The newsgroup was only created a couple of years ago; and because
it's been lightly used, some (or many) news Servers might not carry it.
People would have to ask their ISP or News Server to add it.

2) There's the very strong possibility of confusion between

alt.binaries.pictures.crafts (the unused group I'm recommending)
and
alt.binaries.crafts.pictures (the embroidery group).

The possibility is so strong that I mixed them up when I first typed the
above three lines

The advantage to using your site is that the pictures would be more or
less permanent.
The disadvantage to using your site is that the pictures would be more
or less permanent.

A major advantage to using a.b.p.c would be the ability to display and
discuss problems, works in progress, and other material not really
suitable for semi-permanent display. It could also be used for things
like instruction sheets and similar non-text instructional materials.

- Herb