Old March 7th 11, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default What is with the low number of posts?

On 07/03/2011 15:22, Pati, in Phx wrote:
Well, I am checking in daily, not a lot to say.
However, my favorite machine did not die completely as I had thought.
VVVBG (A capacitor blew up in the transformer, which blew a fuse.
Easily replaceable parts, fortunately.)
It is home and ready to go. And it is a Viking. Neither a Janome nor a
Bernina.

Hehehehe...

I have Husqvarna Vikings, Berninas, Elnas, Frister & Rossmans, Singers,
a Toyota, a Brother, a Jones, and a Big Ole New Home... The New Home is
a mechanical wonder, heavy as a lead coffin, but sleek as butter. The
only modern Janome machines I have tried have been plasticky and flimsy
and/or have danced off the table into my lap. Not buying one of THOSE,
taverymuch!

I do love my older New Home, though not as much as the old Berninas,
Elnas, Singers, et al.

I sometimes wash my fabrics before sewing, and sometimes not. depends...

And I haven't posted much recently because I'm changing my way of
business and also trying to stock my Folksy and Etsy shops, with my
partner in sewing...

I have been busy sewing, contemplating and trying to breathe.

Breathing is good. Keep at it!

PS: for Polly: Growing up is for kids. I gave up years ago!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!