Old March 28th 14, 01:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Mega quilter problems

On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:55:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I recently purchased a used, but almost new, Viking mega quilter. It is skipping stitches and the thread keeps breaking. I have adjusted both tensions, and re-threaded, adjust the frame,it sews good for a minute, then the thread breaks or skips stitches. It is driving me crazy...I am new to quilting, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dora

I was having the same problems, and it was the needle. Every quilt deserves a new needle. It needs to be sharp and big to make the hole and not shred your thread. So, every project you need to thing about your thread size if your quilting or piecing and also if you have the cruise control or not. The sewing machine lady at Joann's is usually very helpful.