Old June 5th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
DKat

Default Beginner's Question--Thanks to all--Potter's Wheel

Word of warning - by the time you add shipping to the costs at EBay you are
paying more than what you can usually get other places. Bennett has the
lowest prices I ever found for kilns. I think I got my wheel from
Sheffield - or Nevada Dans... Watch for sales which should be about now.

http://www.bennettpottery.com/
http://www.sheffield-pottery.com/
http://www.potterywheel.com/ (nevada dans)

but others are also good.

"Buck" wrote in message
news
A good lot of information to start with.

that product called "whisper" is intriguing.

I think I'll be making a small nuisance out of myself at a few of the Bay
Area suppliers.

Regards

Buck

"Buck" wrote in message
t...
They're all over the place, of course, and have dozens of characteristics
and quirks.

I remember two things (From how long ago I will not mention!):

1. A MASSIVE foot powered wheel that seemed to hold momentum forever. No
power required except the legs. Are these antiques, (or at the very
least) vintage now?

Any DIY possibilites?

2. A little kick lever powered rig with an aluminum top wheel, that
seemed to want to fly apart when you were pedaling it up to speed, and
DID NOT hold momentum.

Well, there are now a myriad of these little electrical ones all over
the web, and they do look simple, but I want something that just doesn't
vibrate.

They look so light that I have suspicions.

Any Help?

thanks.

Buck

(P.S. Good sources of equipment and raw materials in the SF Bay Area.
Tools, clay, glazes?)

Thanks Again