Old September 10th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lisa Caryl[_2_]

Default A crazy thought for Crazy quilts

Hi Pat,
Yes, you sure can. I did something like this for a journal cover. I did put
a thin layer of batting under the muslin and I needlefelted several types of
fabric-cottons, silk, silk velvet etc. The fabric does bunch up, but it's a
neat effect. I have a picture with close ups at my picturetrails site, link
under my name below, pics in the needlefelting album.

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply
"Pat in Arkansas" wrote in message
I have a Babylock Embellisher.............it is a great machine, by
the way........
Does beautiful needle felting.

I wonder why I can't take a base of fabric----maybe a sheet?-------and
sew on large freeform shapes in a nice design and just needle them
down to the base or sheet............I could get some great curves and
whatnot with different pieces, then just top stitch the ribbon, lace,
or what have you over the "seams"................

Would that work?

Sure sounds easy............I like easy.

Pat in AR.