Old March 23rd 04, 04:21 PM
Lizzy Taylor

Kellie J. Berger wrote:
*Most* states here require car seats until the child is 4 yrs AND 40lbs ...
and most strongly suggest (if not require) children under 12 to be in the
backseat (b/c of airbags and the kids' size)...

By law they have to ride in the back over here in the UK too, although
you can use the baby carriers in the front, also AFAIK all passenger
side European airbags can be disabled for such situations.

if no one else finds a link for you to specific state requirements, I will
look this evening...

Think I'm OK for that now.

My kids used a little cloth adjustor for the seatbelt when they turned 4
until they were tall enough for the shoulder belt to fit properly. I got
ours at BabiesRUs, http://www.safety1st.com/product.asp?productID=218

Good idea, I think I have at least one similar item, I'll throw it in
the luggage just in case.

Thanks for the help.

Lizzy
--
Lizzy Taylor
Heywood, Lancashire, UK 53:36:00N 2:06:00E