Old July 27th 03, 12:49 AM

Yes, I grew up in Denmark but was actually born in the US where I am living
now in Florida. Interesting about seaweed roof tops. trille
"CMFongemie" wrote in message
k...
Hi Trille
Are you from Denmark?
I am, and my neighbor is just changing straw's on his roof of the house he
is living in.
Looks marvelous.
Just to let you know, some very few old house's on the west coast and

small
Island's
in Denmark have roof made from seaweed.
Anette
wrote in message
. com...
In Denmark, the thatched rooves are shaved off the endings to make them

all
even. You could use a straight edge razer for that effect. trille
"CMFongemie" wrote in message
k...
Hi Debbie
Two Years ago Dollhouse-miniature had an "Toms-tips" page, I can't

find
the
page today. But he recommended to use Coconut fiber (Coir) to the

roof.
To glue it on you have to use Clear Silicone and a Caulking gun,
Study Scissors and you can end up with use Twigs to make a decorating
on the roof if you prefer that.
The Coconut fiber comes in bundles about 8" long, cut it in half, so

you
have
two hunks, each about 4" long. You can trim the fiber if you prefer

even
lengde.
try to experiment a little to see what you like.

Good luck
Anette
.
"debbie sneap" wrote in message
hi
can anyone one help I having problems with the bundles of thatch

brought
from my local dollshouse shop. they didn't have any instructions on

how
put it on so that it looks good. I have tried a few ways but looks

awful.
has anyone got some instructions they could possible email to me? it

would
be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Debbie