Old August 24th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Ralph in NH

Default Favorite soup bowl shapes

Make what you love, there will be customers who connect. I have a
spectacular deep, nearly rimless tenmokku/kaki bowl that I picked up at an
Empty Bowls event. My daughter spent a lot of time before choosing an
awful, light-purple commercial bisque thing. She still loves it, it's hers
and it was a special occasion. Just do it :-)
Best regards,
Ralph in NH

"DKat" wrote in message
I'm about to start making a bunch of soup bowls so that I have them for
next years feed the hungry event. I like my soup bowls with a coffee mug
handle and plain low cylinder shape for stability. But since these aren't
for me I'm curious what others like. Any comments?

Donna