Old January 30th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Default Floss Organizing System ??

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:38:31 -0800 (PST),
opined:

On Jan 29, 6:12 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:

I know this has been asked and answered a gazillion times, but I'm dense and
I never really paid attention.

I got extremely frustrated this afternoon looking for a certain color of
DMC thread (I never did find it) and I decided it's time to do something
about my messy system.

So what's the consensus on the best, easiest way to organize thread?

This time I promise to be good and listen.

Lucille

I have my floss on bobbins, in floss boxes. I have all but 33 DMC
colours, and they fit in 7 boxes, which sit neatly on a bookshelf. I
like this system because it's easy to find what I need, and if I'm
trying to choose colours, I can open all the boxes and spread them out
on the floor to see what catches my eye. Hope that helps!
Louisa

Ditto.

Ditto doubled;all the working, and partial, whatever, original skeins
are on bobbinsin the Darice boxes. However, I have a huge excess of DMC.
These skeins are packaged in ziplock bags, numerically labelled and in
a Long skinny Christmas decoration box. Are you guys telling me I have
TOO MUCH FLOSS...no way!

Gillian