Old June 6th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Kris Krieger

Default Weatherproofing copper foil...?

Chemo the Clown wrote in
:

On Jun 6, 9:40*am, Kris Krieger wrote:
Chemo the Clown wrote

[edited for brevity]

I don't have any pics of the ones I've made but they are just like
these:http://www.tglass.net/Bevels.htmscroll down about half way.

Interesting, I hadn't seen that before. *I'm guessing that the water
eitehr spreads out the "rainbows", and/or makes teh "rainbows" more
intense...?- Hide quoted text -

Yeah sorta...depends on how the sun hits them...sometimes they cast
some nice rainbows across the room.

I got another thought from your mention of the water-filled items, and
decided to cut my glass with the texture *inside* - i'm starting off with
clear glass (just because I got a proverbial bee in my bonnet about clear
textured glass ) and will assemble it and see how it looks. If it look
OK that way, my thinking (for better or worse L!) is that having the flat
side out might add to its longevity (because, fro your bevel work, the flat
side is also facing the "element" so to speak, i.e. the water).

Since the weak spot is the adhesive that sticks to the glass, I'm also
going to play with some silicone sealant on scraps to see whether it'd look
OK to run a thin bead along the lead:glass interface (I'm pretty good at
getting thin beads). The solar-cell has to be silicone-sealed anyway.

If the clear glass looks nice, I'll make a few more before moving on to
colored glass- especially since it'll take fewer LEDs to adequately light-
up the clear. Who knows, I might even try to put some bevelled sections
into the lights

So, I got a couple ideas from your input, *and* learned about something new
- thanks !

- Kris