Old October 7th 16, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian Christiansen

Default Teaching Quilting

On 10/07/2016 07:12 AM, Julia in MN wrote:
What kind of sewing is the machine going to be used for?

I guess that is part of the problem, as the person you are teaching does
not yet know where his or her interest will take them, to primarily
quilting, primarily garment making, or "half and half" of each

As for the speed control, does this come on "beginner" machines, or do
you have to have an expensive high-end machine for this feature. I know
it exists, I am just not sure what machines it exists on. Since it is
not known if a beginning sewist will maintain an interest, I, at least
would recommend against an expensive high-end machine.

--
Brian Christiansen