Old March 10th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Opinions wanted please

MRH wrote:
Okay, I'm intrigued.... what is a self-fringing shawl and is there a picture
of it somewhere for us to see? )

There is, do a Google search for it, but what it is, when you bind off,
you don't BO the last 2-3 stitches at each end of the row. You drop them
instead, and you get a fringe.

sue

Gemini

"Jenn" wrote in message
oups.com...
Every chenille I have ever crocheted or knitted has shed.

If Wooly is talking about the Sirdar Snowflake brand of yarn it is
ABSOLUTELY wonderful. It's not marketed is a chenille - they call it
"Ultra Light Fashion Chunky". Feels like air, looks like cotton candy.
I just finished my first every knitted shawl with it and it was self
fringing and just went together beautifully. Looks delicate, but it's
not. It survived me and my cats regular attacks during the making of
it.

I just bought more in bright yellow to make another non-fringed shawl.

Jenn in CA