Old November 3rd 05, 10:01 PM
Randy H.

Default stretching bottle necks

I saw how it was done many years ago at a local fair. They used an electric
heater that was in a sleeve just large enough to fit around the bottle neck.
Just tall enough so the bottle top was exposed out the top. It would heat
only that area of the neck. I believe the bottles were suspended in the air
by the top of the bottle neck. When the glass got hot enough the bottle
would start to drop. At that point is when you start to make your twists. I
know this sounds crazy, but they are not annealed after that. Proof in
point........the labels are still on the bottles!

Randy Hansen
SC Glass Tech.
Scam Diego, Comi-fornia

"Phil" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there,

I know that a similar question was asked not long ago, so forgive me
for trying to squeeze a little extra info from you experts. How do you
stretch the neck (alone) of a bottle - as I'm sure you've all seen, the
neck can be stretched and twisted massively while the rest of the
bottle retains its shape.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

for example.

I'd be very grateful for any guidance on this.

Many thanks

Phil