Old September 27th 05, 02:56 AM
Kathy Morgan

craftnewbie wrote:

I'm making heating pads for christmas gifts and I purchased whole kernel
deer corn. However .... when I tried to microwave my creation, it
sounded like the corn popped! Does this normally happen the first time
you heat these bags? Is there a way to treat the corn so it doesn't
pop? What am I doing wrong? Also, is there a specific brand name corn
that crafters use? Thanks

If you prefer to use corn (like most of the other respondents here, I
use the cheapest rice I can find), you could use cracked corn, available
in feed stores or pet shops. It's used as feed for some kind of farm
animal and for large birds. Being cracked (very coarsly ground), it
can't pop.

--
Kathy - help for new users at http://www.aptalaska.net/~kmorgan/
Good Net Keeping Seal of Approval at http://www.gnksa.org/