Old January 16th 04, 02:45 AM
Chrysta Wilson

In article ,
says...
You obviously missed the point I was making. You want them to change
hours to suit your schedule. Never mind all the customers who are
completely happy with the store's current hours. And just because there
are certain hours you prefer, it doesn't follow that everyone else who
works has the exact same time available for shopping. The owners cannot
please everyone! You might want them to be open from 10am - 8 pm. I
might want them to be open from 8 pm - 6 am. Assuming the owner does
not know either of us (and our shopping habits) my choice would be just
as valid as yours. The owner has to set boundaries somewhere.

Of course they do, but then they also have to live with the consequences
of the choice. There's a reason why "rush hour" is the time that it
is...the majority of people work until 5:00. If a shop owner wants to
close at 5:00 too, fine, but don't expect working people who get done at
5:00 to be able to shop there. It's a shame for local businesses, but
that's the way it is. Unfortunately, the owners of any business would be
wise to deal with the world the way it is, not the way they'd like it to
be.

--
Chrysta Wilson