Old July 2nd 03, 09:20 PM
David Coggins

I would keep the wiring as three separate circuits. It gives more control of
temperature - in other words you can put more heat into the bottom or the
top, depending on how evenly the kiln fires, or how evenly the kiln is
loaded. Secondly, you might overload the control switch if you ran all the
element through the one switch.

Dave

"Bri" wrote in message

One thing that I found out at Seattle
pottery was that most, if not all, of the new kilns have all the heating
coils on one circuit, like they all come on at the same time. Mine is
set up as 3 separate circuits originally but since I have to wire the
whole thing anyway I will hook all the heaters to one circuit. That is
unless the people on this NG say it's better one way or the other.
Thanks for the help and please keep it coming, Bri