Old September 5th 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Kris Krieger

Default Cutting mirror with glass cutter...?

Chemo the Clown wrote in news:f3471fdb-0741-45ed-a865-
:
[snipped becasue my textwrapper got sloppy]

Cut the mirror as close to the shape you want as possible.Grind as
little as possible. Lay the mirror on some clear contact paper and
trim away the excess with an exacto knife....THEN foil. The contact
paper will prevent the flux from getting on the mirror AND help
prevent scratches. I gave up painting the back and edge of mirror
years ago.

THat's another good idea. I used conatact paper (Actually, the brand is
"Magic Cover", and it's actually plastic) on a plastic pot whcih has been
outside for a few years, with no peeling. So that sounds like a good idea
for outdoor items.

Moree good ideas - THanks!

- Kris