Old August 10th 04, 05:37 AM
Jalynne

I like old machines, too! Two have found their way into my home, and I love them
both. This week, I have to get the basement cleaned up so I can actually USE them.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Now, sewing beads on is something I can relate to. What do you plan to sew?
You own a 120 year old sewing machine???? Ooohhhhhh... I like old machines.
Many sewists lust after them because they do what they do so well... at
least some do.
Congrats on your great find, may you stitch many happy miles on her.
Diana

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
Sewing is on topic if you (plan to) sew on beads, isn't it? I'm ordering

sewing machine manual for a Brother XL 2010. It's an "older" machine.

But
it's got 18 stitches and looks clean and well cared for. Got it at the
dump! I don't sew much. Partly because my sewing machine is almost 120
years old. This is exciting.

I also pick up a lot of books there. Sent a box of books to work with

April
who works in a juvenile facility. And some I take in for credit on used
books. Some I bring over to the women's shelter. And the darling tiny

tea
party set, with bunnies and flowers, I sent to my granddaughter.

It's a beautiful day and the fair is in town.

Tina