Old September 30th 03, 01:06 AM

what is the American equivalent?/Penny L.

(Penny=A0Lemire)

Well, I've gotten into the job of running a sewing project to produce
200+ bow tie and cummerbund sets to "classy up" our school's performing
groups
snip
The slower way I was planning, by the way, is to mark the lines of fold
and "fold to" on the back, pin and machine baste these tucks together,
then iron the crud out of all of it. Last, pull the basting. The best
reasons to avoid this is the potential for pulls in the satin. It's
several steps as well, and if I can reduce that to time at the ironing
board, that's all the better.
If you know a better way to do this, I'm all ears (or is that eyes
here?)
Thanks
$.01
---
I do believe I recall seing instructions for making a DIY pleater in
an older issue of Threads magazine. Might you be able to access it
through Threads online mag.?
Let me know; if you can't access anyhing, I'll dig through my files
and see what I can turn up.
Cea