Old September 25th 03, 05:57 PM
Cynthia Spilsted

Fusible badge backing sounds like it could be one of two things: fusible
web (to make the badges iron-on) or double-sided iron-on interfacing which I
have only seen once before, years ago. That would give the 'badge'
stability plus fusibility. It is some kind of fusible interfacing or
webbing. (Perhaps not even double-sided.)
Now for my question: What is a pleater board?
Cynthia
Not Aussie or American - just a plain Canadian!
"Penny Lemire" wrote in message
I'm hoping someone of our Australian correspondents can help
me with a material I've seen specified in some directions,
but can't identify. The directions to make your own pleater
board call for

"Vilene Fusible Badge Backing 1050HF",

and googling this only results in a pointer to hte same site
with the directions.

http://www.ggcreations.com.au/althea...its/pleat.html

As I'm about to assemble (with help) about 200 pleat front
cummerbunds, this looks like just the tool to help, if we
can get an adequate substitute for whatever his is. My best
guess is a really heavy interfacing, perhaps craft bond, but
if anyone knows for sure I'd be grateful.

Thanks
$.01