Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Forum: Needlework October 7th 15, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
salvaging some crewel - need an idea, plz

On Monday, October 5, 2015 at 5:00:33 AM UTC-4, Shirley wrote:
On 05/10/2015 01:22, wrote:
the crewelwork is fine, but the backing of the pillow has simply worn away* -...
Forum: Needlework October 5th 15, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
salvaging some crewel - need an idea, plz

the crewelwork is fine, but the backing of the pillow has simply worn away* - large holes in fact. I figure I can cut around the design, but then what? Applique it onto a new pillow? some of the...
Forum: Needlework July 28th 14, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
THE EASIEST NEEDLEWORK TO LEARN

On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:10:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
What is the easiest sort of needlework to learn?

Is it knitting? Crochet? Embroidery? Tatting? What?

Thanks...
Forum: Needlework July 20th 14, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
RIP, Jasmine

I hope the good memories remain after the pain is gone.

I'm sure that dog knew she was much loved.
Forum: Needlework July 18th 14, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Have you ever wanted to give away all your needlework gear?

On Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:48:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I recently had the pleasure of viewing the Bayeux tapestry....and a little voice said, "You can duplicate that horse or...
Forum: Needlework July 17th 14, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Have you ever wanted to give away all your needlework gear?

Answering my own post. I just finished my last needlepoint project - took almost two years, of which maybe 5 months was spent stitching. I re-read all your answers and think I will whittle down...
Forum: Needlework January 27th 14, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
An 11 yard skein of tap wool will cover now many square inches .......

Second update: The silk and ivory arrived on Tuesday and the project is DONE. I have never seen stuff pull so nicely thru canvas - it was like greased lightning.

I would be tempted to do all...
Forum: Needlework January 6th 14, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
An 11 yard skein of tap wool will cover now many square inches .......

Update: I spoke by phone with a shop owner who talked me into that silk and wool blend. I'll be calling her Tuesday with my order - need to figure yardage and she was very busy, it being a...
Forum: Needlework January 4th 14, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
A knitted "onesie"

On Friday, January 3, 2014 1:18:34 PM UTC-5, Joan Erickson wrote:
On 1/2/2014 11:16 PM, mirjam wrote:

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 8:51:47 PM UTC+2, Bruce wrote:

Forum: Needlework January 4th 14, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
An 11 yard skein of tap wool will cover now many square inches .......

On Friday, January 3, 2014 12:13:24 AM UTC-5, mirjam wrote:
This is an interesting question,

can i ask you something Is a ready painted canvass ?

NOT a painted canvas.

from your question...
Forum: Needlework January 2nd 14, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
An 11 yard skein of tap wool will cover now many square inches .......

On Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:47:03 AM UTC-5, Joan Erickson wrote:
On 1/1/2014 6:57 PM, wrote:

of continental stitch on 12 mono canvas?

In case you...
Forum: Needlework January 2nd 14, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
A knitted "onesie"

On Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:09:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Wow - what a ton of work and skill went into that. I hope it gets passed thru many babies in your family.

Forum: Needlework January 2nd 14, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
A knitted "onesie"

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:06:40 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 07:57:26 +0000, Shirley

wrote:

On 17/12/2013 03:33, Bruce...
Forum: Needlework January 2nd 14, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
A knitted "onesie"

Wow - what a ton of work and skill went into that. I hope it gets passed thru many babies in your family.

Wow.
Forum: Needlework January 2nd 14, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
An 11 yard skein of tap wool will cover now many square inches .......

of continental stitch on 12 mono canvas?

In case you read my other reply, you'll know why I ask. I want to be sure not to run out as I am having to order all new tap wool for a background I had ot...
Forum: Needlework January 2nd 14, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Bucilla kit question

I have had kits call for separation of 3 ply strands into 2. The 3rd strand you mate with another single strand and so one.

My big caveat on kits is: you can almost count on running out of...
Forum: Needlework October 14th 13, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Screwed up using my stash - help- advice needed.

On Monday, September 30, 2013 4:00:45 PM UTC-4, Joan Erickson wrote:
On 9/27/2013 6:54 PM, wrote:

I thought I'd get cute and use up a lot of leftover black tapestry...
Forum: Needlework October 14th 13, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Screwed up using my stash - help- advice needed.

On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:47:36 PM UTC-4, mirjam wrote:
On Saturday, September 28, 2013 2:54:25 AM UTC+3, wrote:

Leave it as is

this is more true to nature...
Forum: Needlework June 14th 13, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
need help on making a pillow for my finished needlepoint

Does anyone know of a youtube vid showing how to finish a pillow with ndlpt as a top? It doesn't' have to be fancy, but it would be nice to make it with an opening in the back for removal of the...
Forum: Needlework June 14th 13, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 82
Posted By [email protected]
Floss Organizing System ??

I separated mine ( when not using it for an active project) by color family. All the reds and pinks in one baggie, yellows in another, greens ---you get the idea.

I tried wrapping them around those...
Forum: Needlework October 24th 12, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
How to Charge for Cross Stitch Commission Work???

On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:19:04 AM UTC-4, Karen C wrote:
wrote:

My advice is to get at least half the fee upfront. I knew a gal who

did a crewel...
Forum: Needlework October 23rd 12, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Good non-permanent marker for white needlepoint canvas?

I'm working something which has a zillion shades of pink. Very hard to see the difference on the pre-markled canvas. I thought I'd like to mark the canvas from the paper chart to ease the process. ...
Forum: Needlework October 23rd 12, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
How to Charge for Cross Stitch Commission Work???

My advice is to get at least half the fee upfront. I knew a gal who did a crewel bellpull, never collected a dime, wanted $75 and the client changed her mind and didn't want it. The stitcher was...
Forum: Needlework August 15th 12, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
my eyes are going....

My round-the-neck magnifier is my salvation. Strong light helps a lot too.
Be sure you are wearing the best glasses for the work.
Forum: Needlework August 15th 12, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Wanted: "Parrot Roost" by Anita Barton, cover of "Needlepoint Plus"

I will pay for shipping if you own this book or would be willing to send me a copy. I don't know the date tho.

I am looking for parrot designs. KNow of any other charts? Thanks.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50