Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bruce[_4_]
Forum: Needlework August 21st 11, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - Stronsay Limpet online

The August edition of the Stronsay Limpet is now available online at
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
Bruce
Forum: Needlework August 11th 11, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
sort on topic

On 11/08/2011 20:28, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:35:13 -0700 (PDT), Tia Mary
wrote:
Years and years ago, my Granny made braided rugs out of...
Forum: Needlework August 10th 11, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT Slightly risque?

They met at the singles club meeting and discovered over time that they
enjoyed each other's company. After several weeks of meeting for
coffee, Claude asked Maude out for dinner and, much to his...
Forum: Needlework August 8th 11, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT Home truths

An old woman was sipping on a glass of wine while sitting on the lawn
with her husband. She says, "I love you so much, I don't know how I
could ever live without you."
Her husband asks, "Is that...
Forum: Needlework July 22nd 11, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Can't stand it!!

On 22/07/2011 13:30, wrote:

Bah! What a load of cods wallop ! Perhaps kids should stay in utero
until they are adults ?

The upper and middle class Victorians had the...
Forum: Needlework July 21st 11, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Can't stand it!!

On 21/07/2011 07:27, Fred wrote:
From what I have heard, Ham Operators are getting away from voice and going
back to the old "Dit, Dit,Dit, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dit, Dit, Dit stuff - true or
Forum: Needlework July 2nd 11, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - Anglo-French relationship

On a tour of New Zealand, the Pope took a few days off to visit the
coast for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the
Pope-mobile when there was a frantic commotion just off shore....
Forum: Needlework May 25th 11, 12:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - Attention Marmite fans!

http://tinyurl.com/427puzw
Bruce
Forum: Needlework May 13th 11, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Newsgroup Access Question

On 13/05/2011 11:48, Tia Mary wrote:
Bruce wrote:
For the past 2 or 3 years I've been using Thunderbird to read
newsgroups. http://www.mozillamessaging.com
Bruce

I went to the site...
Forum: Needlework May 13th 11, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Newsgroup Access Question

On 13/05/2011 06:42, Tia Mary wrote:
Hi Guys,
In getting ready to move back to Lizard Land, DH has gotten me a laptop
to use. I currently use Netscape 7.2 to access the newsgroups and some
Forum: Needlework May 10th 11, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - a little paper bag

A little paper bag was feeling unwell, so he took himself off to the
doctors.
"Doctor, I don't feel too good," said the little paper bag.
"Hmm, you look OK to me," said the Doctor, "but I'll do a...
Forum: Needlework May 7th 11, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - an apocryphal story?

On 07/05/2011 16:45, Carey N. wrote:
And what was the name of the Honours degree, for those of us who don't know?

It was an "unspecified" Honours degree (I'm just relating the story as
passed to...
Forum: Needlework May 7th 11, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - an apocryphal story?

The tale goes that back in the late 1960s there was a student who had
wasted most of his academic career for four years, barely scraping by,
set to fail his finals, etc etc etc. Whilst desperately...
Forum: Needlework May 6th 11, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - apocryphal story

The tale goes that back in the late 1960s there was a student who had
wasted most of his academic career for four years, barely scraping by,
set to fail his finals, etc etc etc. Whilst desperately...
Forum: Needlework May 3rd 11, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - a wee Scottish joke

Did you hear about the thoughtful Scotsman who was heading out to the
pub? He turned to his wee wife before leaving and said, "Margaret, put
your hat and coat on lassie."
She replied, "Aw Jock...
Forum: Needlework May 2nd 11, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - Royal Wedding, a very happy verger!

As far as I'm aware this clip taken inside Westminster Abbey didn't
appear on TV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awj7xXv8N3w
Bruce
Forum: Needlework May 1st 11, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Carrickmacross Lace on Kate's Wedding Gown!!

There's more detailed information on the gown here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13249018
Bruce
Forum: Needlework April 27th 11, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - British stiff upper lip

With the plethora of things British before Friday's Royal Wedding I
thought I'd share these temporary rules introduced by the Richmond Golf
Club in 1940. The Golf Club was (and still is) 10 miles...
Forum: Needlework April 24th 11, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Happy Easter!

Someone obviously has far too much time on their hands!
http://www.funny-potato.com/easter-tree.html
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Peter the Rabbit managed to break free from the laboratory where he had
been born and brought up. As he scurried away from the fencing of the
compound, he felt grass under his little feet, and saw...
Forum: Needlework April 11th 11, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - for Dilbert fans and engineers in particular

On 11/04/2011 00:13, Ellice K. wrote:
On 4/9/11 6:46 AM, in article ,

Forum: Needlework April 9th 11, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - for Dilbert fans and engineers in particular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TirAmOFw_WA
Forum: Needlework April 4th 11, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - another old groaner...

A mechanic who worked out of his home had a dog named Mace. Mace had a
bad habit of eating all the grass on the mechanic's lawn, so the
mechanic had to keep Mace inside. The grass eventually became...
Forum: Needlework March 28th 11, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Battle of Britain lace

On 23/03/2011 13:49, Bruce wrote:
http://tepapa.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/battle-of-britain-lace-jpg.jpg
I've no more information on the item, the URL was posted on an RAF site
to which I...
Forum: Needlework March 26th 11, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
OT - philosophy

When asked what time the last coaches left the Comedie Francaise, Rene
Descartes replied "I think they're 4am".
And from that misunderstanding...
Bruce
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46