Showing results 1 to 25 of 165
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mbstevens
Forum: Jewelry December 9th 08, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 16
Posted By mbstevens
Ancient jewelry exhibation

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 17:51:22 -0800, Al Balmer wrote:

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 09:01:11 -0800, lemelman
wrote:

Abrasha wrote:

"Simplicity is the most difficult...
Forum: Jewelry December 8th 08, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 16
Posted By mbstevens
Ancient jewelry exhibation

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 01:28:46 -0800, Abrasha wrote:
snippage
"Simplicity is the most difficult thing to achieve"

Gae Aulenti, architect

To advocate simplicity
in either design...
Forum: Jewelry December 7th 08, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 16
Posted By mbstevens
Ancient jewelry exhibation

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 19:54:54 -0800, Abrasha wrote:

mbstevens wrote:
On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 08:57:30 -0800, minkiemink wrote:

On Dec 3, 8:51 am, sunrainor ...
Forum: Jewelry December 5th 08, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 16
Posted By mbstevens
Ancient jewelry exhibation

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 08:57:30 -0800, minkiemink wrote:

On Dec 3, 8:51 am, sunrainor wrote:
On Dec 2, 10:47 pm, mbstevens
Forum: Jewelry December 2nd 08, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 16
Posted By mbstevens
Ancient jewelry exhibation

http://www.forbesgalleries.com/jewelrygallery.html
National Jewelry Institute's exhibition:
Now at Forbes gallery, traveling to
Field Museum in Chicago next year.
--
Cheers,
mbstevens

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/06/afghan-treasures/\barnes-photography

Tiny url of same address:
http://tinyurl.com/4bas4l

preview tiny url:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/4bas4l
Forum: Jewelry July 19th 08, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 5
Posted By mbstevens
Small electronics the a new jewelry form

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:53:17 -0700, el gruhn punched in:

Trying not to start a "what is Art" thread... ;-)

Sweeping generalizations all and your mileage will vary :

I'm going to say...
Forum: Jewelry July 16th 08, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 5
Posted By mbstevens
Small electronics the a new jewelry form

Lots of people are wearing them clipped onto their
clothes or on their belts. Ipods, Iphones, MP3
players, tiny internet devices -- and most are=20
now slickly styled. For the kitschily...
Forum: Jewelry July 2nd 08, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 7
Posted By mbstevens
Help Finding New Soldering Torch

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 20:36:03 -0700, el Des punched in:

Hi, I'm new to this group and hope for some advice.

My problem is this: I ordered my first torch a few years ago. A Smith
propane/air...
Forum: Jewelry June 24th 08, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 6
Posted By mbstevens
Help! I'm desperate! How do I get good pics of my jewelry?

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:03:38 -0700, el beadjunky punched in:

Getting ready to launch my site. The "Libbi" pics are my stuff, taken
over a period of 2 weeks. Taken in various settings: indoor...
Forum: Jewelry June 17th 08, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 6
Posted By mbstevens
luigi scialanga

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:08:39 -0700, el Gary Wooding punched in:

Snip the OP's and Abrasha' posts with punctuation mistakes.
Which those two posts is being replied to here is not clear.

Have...
Forum: Jewelry May 26th 08, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 13
Posted By mbstevens
newbie questions

Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:

Yes, it is called phos-copper rod, available at many...

wrote:

Yes, it is called phos-copper rod, available at many...
Forum: Jewelry May 25th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 13
Posted By mbstevens
newbie questions

Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:

You can come closer to copper color using solders that aren't intended for
jewelry. Some of them (usually called brazing alloys, rather than silver
solders, because...
Forum: Jewelry April 23rd 08, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 4
Posted By mbstevens
sealing an oxidized silver ring

horatioB wrote:
I am oxidizing a silver ring so that it looks black. The problem is
the oxidization wears off after time especially since it is a ring. I
am using liver of sulphur to oxidize...
Forum: Jewelry March 4th 08, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By mbstevens
I would like to make my own Sterling and Argentium Metals... Is this possible ?

Jman wrote:

- If I were to add more silver and less copper to the melt, would that
help much with the tarnishing, or would I be better off just merely
melting the fine silver and using that...
Forum: Jewelry March 3rd 08, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By mbstevens
I would like to make my own Sterling and Argentium Metals... Is this possible ?

Jman wrote:
I currently possess a large number of pure silver bars (500 oz's) and
a LOT of pure copper. Can I combine (using a proper scale) the proper
weights and make my own Jewellry grade...
Forum: Jewelry February 2nd 08, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 8
Posted By mbstevens
Asbestos-Followup

wrote:
In rec.crafts.jewelry on or about Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:20:49 -0800 we
heard the sounds of a voice named "Andrew Werby"

snip flame war about...
Forum: Jewelry January 17th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 12
Posted By mbstevens
Website review sought - comments invited

Craig Cockburn wrote:

snip

You don't understand the concept. Thumbnails are meant to be on one
page together. They are small, so the page loads very quickly.

the entire page yes,...
Forum: Jewelry January 16th 08, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 12
Posted By mbstevens
Website review sought - comments invited

Craig Cockburn wrote:
I have recently updated a website I've set up for my wife's handmade
jewellery and for ease of access it is now available through
http://www.scotlandsilver.com and
Forum: Jewelry January 11th 08, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 0
Posted By mbstevens
Bracelet gets FTC smack-down

Check out
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/11/10-awesome-gadg.html
....and get a load of the watches, too!

Marketing minds on the march, I suppose.
Forum: Jewelry December 12th 07, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 3
Posted By mbstevens
Torch for Jewelry

wrote:
I'm a beginner in metal-worked jewelry. Up to now I've been using cold
joints. I'd like to try some soldered/brazed pieces. Everyone I talk
to says I should...
Forum: Jewelry November 28th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 17
Posted By mbstevens
Year of the "S"?

Al Balmer wrote:

From the IGS:

"However, defining what a gemstone is has proven to be a major
challenge. Not for everyday people with common sense, but for those
lexicographers who have a...
Forum: Jewelry November 25th 07, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By mbstevens
In need of advice.

Maneki Neko wrote:

Are the ones with the grey background the better composed of the
group?

Like the shot of the dice pendant? It seems to fill the frame
better. Any extra background in a...
Forum: Jewelry November 24th 07, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By mbstevens
In need of advice.

Maneki Neko wrote:
Greetings,

I've been trolling about the group for a while now and the thought
occurred that maybe I should ask for some advice.

I _think_ you mean lurking, not...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 165