Showing results 1 to 25 of 418
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Donna
Forum: Needlework March 10th 14, 12:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Donna
Knitting a Patch

Not trying to complicate things, but with needlework I would have thought of using pattern darning before sock darning.

Many needlepointers are using pattern darning patterns as backgrounds on hand...
Forum: Needlework March 20th 13, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Donna
Request: converting Ehrman wool colours to anything else

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:54:52 PM UTC-4, Joan Erickson wrote:
On 3/19/2013 11:41 AM, wrote:

Hi! I would go with Appleton tapestry-weight wool. Go to...
Forum: Needlework March 15th 13, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Donna
I'm Baaa-aack!

*waving hello from Virginia*

It's a lot quieter around here these days. But I'm sure your return will generate some conversation.

Planning a new book?

Donna in Virginia
Forum: Needlework February 11th 13, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Donna
Needlework System 4

Oops. Forgot to mention frames, etc. I've used scroll frames, stretcher bars both regular and Evertites, and even Q-snaps with my System 4. Depending on yhe project I can stitch the stand either in...
Forum: Needlework February 11th 13, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Donna
Needlework System 4

I love my system 4. Fortunately for me I was able to borrow a System 4 and a Lowery stand from a friend to compare them. I decided on the System 4 because of where I stitch. It worked with my sofa....
Forum: Needlework January 29th 13, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By Donna
off topic reading

I am wading my way through Doris Kearns Goodwin's book about Lincoln, A Team of Rivals. I am finding the beginning to be something of a slog - not as accessible as some of her other books.

Donna in...
Forum: Needlework January 22nd 13, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Donna
Looking For Silk Thread

On Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:56:58 PM UTC-5, Maureen In Vancouver, B.C. wrote:
Hi everybody,

I've been off this computer for a very long time, but was pulled back to this group...
Forum: Needlework January 6th 13, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Donna
ABC Stitch Therapy

I have ordered from them for years without any problems. Even got to visit them in person last year though they are a far drive from our usual NH vacation spot.

In my experience, they are faster...
Forum: Needlework October 12th 12, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Donna
What I'm stitching

Working on a Sweetheart Tree wedding sampler for my niece who is getting married next June, Lynn Nicoletti's Neptune, a Halloween biscornu (dang, can't remember the designer), a round robin for...
Forum: Needlework August 10th 12, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Donna
We missed our rctn friends

On Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:57:58 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
Cheryl and I managed to squeeze a few hours together today. It was great to catch up with news of family, and our rctn friends. We had...
Forum: Needlework July 9th 12, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By Donna
County fair results

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:52:44 PM UTC-4, ndjoan wrote:
Results of my entries in the county fair a

My Day Complete - no ribbon (they only give 1st-3rd place)
Needle winder...
Forum: Needlework June 29th 12, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Donna
Canvas work "signing"

Joan,

I do exactly what you're planning on doing. I print out the pertinent info and include it in an envelope taped to the back.

I've yet to complete a canvas piece where I felt adding my...
Forum: Needlework June 11th 12, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Donna
candlewicking floss

On Thursday, June 7, 2012 3:07:48 PM UTC-4, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
ok - working on very very old UFO that uses a lot of "candlewicking
floss". I'm wondering if there is any real reason no to frog...
Forum: Needlework June 7th 12, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Donna
Need Help Finding This Group

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 8:56:57 PM UTC-4, Maureen In Vancouver, B.C. wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've had problems with my e-mail, now need to set up
rec.crafts.textiles.needlework in Google, or...
Forum: Needlework May 29th 12, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Donna
textile exhibit at the Baltimore Museum of Art

On Monday, May 28, 2012 11:28:31 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:05:48 AM UTC+3, Susan Hartman wrote:

Thank you, Donna! I was very interested to see...
Forum: Needlework May 28th 12, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Donna
textile exhibit at the Baltimore Museum of Art

On Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:28:30 PM UTC-4, Susan Hartman wrote:
Last weekend I was lucky to be invited to a reception at the Baltimore
Museum of Art for an exhibit of Central Asian textiles -...
Forum: Needlework April 17th 12, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Donna
Eye lashes???

On Monday, April 16, 2012 4:49:18 PM UTC-4, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
How would you put 3-D eyelashes on your cross stitch project - it's for
a sleeping caterpillar. Just has to make you think "eye...
Forum: Needlework April 8th 12, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Donna
OT - New kitten

On Friday, April 6, 2012 7:10:06 PM UTC-4, Fran wrote:
Well, my old male cat Jabba (aka Sir Fuss-a-lot) crossed the Rainbow
bridge in Feburary. He was almost 16 years old. His litter-mate,
Forum: Needlework April 3rd 12, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Donna
new photo up on RCTP

It's a picture of my version of Stars of the New Millenium.

That is *gorgeous*, Donna! I like the colors you picked. It really
adds a lot to the design.

I found the pinterest...
Forum: Needlework March 27th 12, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Donna
new photo up on RCTP

Wow. It's been a long time since I posted a photo there. Not that I haven't been having regular finishes. Just forget to share them here!

It's a picture of my version of Stars of the New Millenium....
Forum: Needlework March 27th 12, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 53
Posted By Donna
Helloooooooo! Anyone there?

Finally, past weekend was a guild workshop - we brought in Beth Robertson &
Suzanne Howren "SHEAR Designs" - to do "Effective Embellishments" - which
was basically doing kind of a starting...
Forum: Needlework March 23rd 12, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 53
Posted By Donna
Helloooooooo! Anyone there?

On Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:22:58 PM UTC-4, NDJoan wrote:
Where has everyone gone? I have finally gotten set up with Eternal
September and now no one is posting?????

I'm having stitchy...
Forum: Needlework January 31st 12, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By Donna
one of those questions - how do you store

On Jan 30, 3:45*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
your Mill Hill Beads
anything that doesn't come in a skein/hank of fiber = the spools, the
bobbins etc.....

Cheryl - in the...
Forum: Needlework January 29th 12, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By Donna
sew girls

On Jan 28, 10:33*am, "Ellice K." wrote:
On 1/28/12 8:30 AM, in article ,

Forum: Needlework January 29th 12, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By Donna
sew girls

On Jan 27, 12:48*pm, sewgirls.com