Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Julia in MN[_5_]
Forum: Quilting December 25th 18, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
quilted jacket

I suspect you'd have close to $100 in materials. Don't underestimate
the worth of your labor. I'd say it should be worth at least $250-300.
If you tell someone you'd make it for $150, you'd...
Forum: Quilting June 18th 18, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
T-shirt quilt

I made a t-shirt quilt for my grandson's graduation. The hardest part
was planning it. I stabilized the shirts with French Fuse fusible
tricot. I had it quilted -- money well spent. I hope this...
Forum: Quilting November 29th 17, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
OT Finally Closing!

Congratulations! I hope the closing and the move go smoothly!

Julia in MN
On 11/27/2017 10:05 AM, Night Mist wrote:
After much fuss and bother we finally have a closing date!
We close this...
Forum: Quilting September 17th 17, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
OT, but not totally: another Amazon gift certificate for givingblood.

I seldom drop the feed dogs on my machine (not a featherweight) for
free-motion quilting, so I think you should be okay not covering them,
but you do need the darning/free motion foot.

Check...
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 17, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Two and 1/2 inch Squares

Here's another idea for those 2-1/2 inch squares. This tutorial starts
with 5" pre-cuts, but ends up with 2-1/2" pieces (2" finished)....
Forum: Quilting January 31st 17, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Sailboat Quilt and More

On 1/29/2017 11:14 AM, Nann wrote:
I find that that the RCTQ FB group is easier to access and much
chattier. It allows for photos, too. I only come to this site when
Google Groups lets me...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 16, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Teaching Quilting

I agree about not recommending an expensive high-end machine, but at the
other extreme, I wouldn't recommend a cheap machine from a big box
store. You don't want someone turned off to sewing...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 16, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Teaching Quilting

What kind of sewing is the machine going to be used for? If only
quilting, then zigzag and free arm probably aren't necessary. If it
will be used for garment sewing, then zigzag and free arm are...
Forum: Yarn February 23rd 16, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Finnish/Sami knitting patterns

I googled "sami knitting patterns" and this at the top of the list:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/skolt-sami-mittens
I didn't look at everything google returned. There are also other...
Forum: Quilting September 22nd 15, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
back from retreat

Elsewhere! Luther Park Bible Camp in Chetek, WI.

Julia in MN

On 9/22/2015 8:20 AM, Nann wrote:
Did you go to Madeline Island http://www.madelineartschool.com/
or to Sievers?...
Forum: Quilting September 21st 15, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
back from retreat

None of these are really finished but I'm happy with the progress. Plus
I have plenty of other stuff to finish and I really need to junk out my
sewing room. :-)

Julia in MN

On 9/21/2015 12:32...
Forum: Quilting September 21st 15, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
back from retreat

I just spent about 4 days at a quilting retreat at a lovely camp in
northern Wisconsin. I had a great time and got quite a bit accomplished.
About 7 years ago, I took a "design a mariner's compass"...
Forum: Quilting August 12th 15, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Repairing a quilt

Sometimes quilt repair can be overdone. Sometimes the fabric is so old
and deteriorated that it doesn't pay to try to fix it. You might fix
some spots now and in a few weeks or months other worn...
Forum: Quilting August 8th 15, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Hot Pads and more

My favorite method for making flying geese is the one Mary Sue Suit
describes in her book "All My BLocks Are Geese". It it really the same
as the method Eleanor Burns uses, but Eleanor has a special...
Forum: Quilting April 24th 15, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Why are my replies not going to the NG?

On 4/24/2015 9:56 AM, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:
On 4/23/2015 11:45 AM, Julia in MN wrote:
On 4/22/2015 10:45 AM, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:
...but my originals are? When I hit...
Forum: Quilting April 24th 15, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Why are my replies not going to the NG?

On 4/24/2015 10:55 AM, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
On 24/04/2015 10:58, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:

Lizzy, is there a "next unread" button?

Hi Jeri,

Yes there is, as I have it on my...
Forum: Quilting April 23rd 15, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Quick and Easy?

My go-to pattern for something quick, especially for children, is "Warm
Wishes". This pattern started as a free project Linus pattern on
quiltmaker.com. It is now a free bed size pattern at...
Forum: Quilting April 23rd 15, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Why are my replies not going to the NG?

On 4/22/2015 10:45 AM, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:
...but my originals are? When I hit "reply" the person's email addy
comes up. I clicked "newsgroup" on the addy drop-down list, but no...
Forum: Quilting April 22nd 15, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Thunderbird ng reader question

On 4/21/2015 3:25 PM, Dreamweaver/Jeri Jo Redman wrote:
How do I "mark all as read"? Also, how do I add a signature? TIA!

Whahoo!
Dreamweaver

On the "Message" menu there is an option to...
Forum: Quilting April 17th 15, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Need a free newsgroup reader

On 4/16/2015 8:53 PM, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
On 14/04/2015 18:46, Dreamweaver wrote:
On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 3:09:38 PM UTC-5, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
Dreamweaver

OK, what program do...
Forum: Quilting April 1st 15, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
old issue of quilt maker magazine

On 3/31/2015 11:44 PM, pkw wrote:
I am looking for an old issue of quilt maker magazine May/June 2014,
where can
I buy...
Forum: Quilting February 17th 15, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Where can I buy the metal rods to make the stems?

I've got the no-melt ones -- have had them for many years. I think I got
them at a JoAnn Fabrics store.

Julia in MN

2/17/2015 1:02 AM, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 15, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
It's been a long time...

It is pretty quiet over here. I think most of the action is on facebook,
though I prefer this.

If you google "chicken pincushion pattern" you'll get quite a few
options. I don't know if any of...
Forum: Quilting December 29th 14, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
Quilts in the news

Another quilt finds its way home:
http://www.indystar.com/story/life/2014/12/26/quilt-finds-way-home-decades/20907173/

Julia in MN
Forum: Quilting October 5th 14, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Julia in MN[_5_]
I need a manual for an Necchi Alco a709-5

On 10/3/2014 12:44 PM, Angela Lowry wrote:
I found a portable Necchi Alco a709-5 machine but not familiar with this
machine. I fix donated machines to give to young or needy sewers. Mostly I
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500