Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Coggins
Forum: Pottery April 11th 07, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 13
Posted By David Coggins
Clay Boss wheel - blown circuitboard - I need a part, but from where?

HUGE THANKS to Rob Morley for identifying the blown cap-- I mean the
blown Metal Oxide Varistor.

Unable to find the exact replacement, but found a very similar one,
specs only slightly...
Forum: Pottery January 14th 07, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 11
Posted By David Coggins
Installing three zone controller on your kiln

"Davis Salks" wrote in message
Have you tried a kiln vent to even out the temperature, they really do
Forum: Pottery January 13th 07, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 11
Posted By David Coggins
Installing three zone controller on your kiln

Presently I am going to backup the lid on the outside with 1-1/2" of
vermiculite board and also add 1" of ceramic wool to the floor inside,
hoping that the added insulation will slow down the...
Forum: Pottery January 13th 07, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 11
Posted By David Coggins
Installing three zone controller on your kiln

I often hear coments about element age as related to poor performance.
This confuses me because older elements actually run hooter than new
ones. This is because their electical resistance...
Forum: Pottery December 25th 06, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 11
Posted By David Coggins
Installing three zone controller on your kiln

I just purchased and installed a three zone controller for my kiln. I
would like to warn anyone who is considering doing this.

From my experience with three zone controllers, the problem could...
Forum: Pottery October 3rd 06, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 12
Posted By David Coggins
glaze gone bad

Hi Everyone,
Can glazes go bad?

Yes ... over time some ingredients of a glaze can get slowly dissolved in
the water. When the glaze is applied to the pot, the dissolved ingredient...
Forum: Pottery October 2nd 06, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 12
Posted By David Coggins
glaze gone bad

"Bob Masta" wrote in message
Hmm, I'd be really surprised if the dry-and-regrind changed anything.
if the problem is solubles....
Forum: Pottery October 1st 06, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 12
Posted By David Coggins
glaze gone bad

"Red Deer" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,
Can glazes go bad?

Yes ... over time some ingredients of a glaze...
Forum: Pottery August 14th 06, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By David Coggins
ferric chloride

Hi Sandi,

That's right - ferric chloride is no longer used to etch printed circuit
boards - they now supply ammonium persulphate, which is of no use for your
purpose.

Wouldn't ferric oxide do the...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9