Showing results 1 to 25 of 184
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: allisonh
Forum: Quilting August 22nd 08, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By allisonh
virtual library was Guild Librarian

teleflora wrote:
I am going to be Co-Librarian next year. That means in 2010, I'll be the
main Librarian. We have too, too, many books. We meet in a church, the
church is running out of...
Forum: Quilting August 6th 08, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By allisonh
deelybob II

I taped a large safety pin to the side of my machine with the "hole" in
the end pointing up and away from the machine. My big spool of thread
sits in a heavy glass sitting beside my machine and...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 08, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By allisonh
some useful sewing/quilting things

Thanks! You find the coolest sites!
Allison
jeanne-nzlstar* wrote:
http://karensquiltingservice.com/reannalilydesigns/RDHomePage/RDseaminglyaccurate.htm
this has a free downloadable guide to use...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 08, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By allisonh
Introduction

Welcome from north of the border!
Allison (from Montreal, Canada)

wrote:
Hi,
My name is Debbie and I'm Sunny's friend outside of the computer
world . I'm not new to sewing...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 08, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By allisonh
Somewhat OFF TOPIC--------regarding spam to the group

What version of Thunderbird do you have? I have version 2.0.0.16 which
has that function...maybe I won't be too quick to update it :).
Allison

Debbi in So CA wrote:
No where near as much as I get...
Forum: Quilting July 25th 08, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 56
Posted By allisonh
"Sparks of Lime" photos

Your machine quilting is wonderful!
Allison
jennellh wrote:
Sorry, for some reason I got / instead of dots!!! Try now..
http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl
I should also say that I...
Forum: Quilting July 21st 08, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By allisonh
OT - Firefox

Kay Ahr wrote:
Finally decided to switch from Internet Explorer to Firefox. Got tired
of having to go to Firefox to view things Internet Explorer wouldn't let
me see.

Got any tips or...
Forum: Quilting July 17th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By allisonh
I learned something about myself, today

John wrote:
I did, in fact, learn something. I saw a pattern that is called "split
9 patch". You take 9 different squares of fabric and sew them together
into a traditional 9 patch and then lay...
Forum: Quilting July 10th 08, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By allisonh
vidcasts

I found a link to Bonnie McCaffery's site where she has a series of
video podcasts - interviews with quilters, demos on techniques, visits
to quilt shows, etc. Lots of fun stuff....
Forum: Quilting July 3rd 08, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 87
Posted By allisonh
VERY OT International traveling???

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
How and where do you exchange USA money to get the proper 'local'
currency? How do you know how much local money to get? How do you
remember what each...
Forum: Quilting July 3rd 08, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 87
Posted By allisonh
VERY OT International traveling???

Tia Mary wrote:
Taria wrote:
I think you should just take Tia Mary along. She sounds like she
knows what she is doing!
Taria

HEY -- works for me as I obviously do love to...
Forum: Quilting July 3rd 08, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By allisonh
Eensy-weensy pocket quilt- pics

Oooh I like the idea of a mini quilt. We now have to carry ID cards at
work that function as proximity sensors to unlock doors. So I have mine
in a plastic holder around my neck. But since my...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 08, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By allisonh
Polly's Quilt

Oh yes - it would be a shame not to let this quilt go to the show.
Go for it Polly!
Allison

Kate T. wrote:
O.K. everyone lets get after her. She has always said she could never
do a quilt that...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 08, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 51
Posted By allisonh
You asked for pictures

Way cool quilt!!!!
Allison

Polly Esther wrote:
We've had terrible storms and this may be a duplicate post.

If 'pride goeth before a fall', I am about to break my neck. The quilt I
made...
Forum: Quilting June 26th 08, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By allisonh
Log Cabin Q.

This is one of my favorite blocks and it looks great with lots of
different fabrics - so scraps are great.
Playing with the settings for the blocks is fun too. If you have an
even number of blocks...
Forum: Quilting June 25th 08, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By allisonh
Sunflower quilt pics

I get emails from the Running stitch so I knew about the seminar....but
had other things on last weekend. So, yes, maybe another time - it's
not THAT far from Montreal to Ottawa! (I'll let you...
Forum: Quilting June 25th 08, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By allisonh
Sunflower quilt pics

jennellh wrote:
I have been playing with an arrangement of sunflower blocks for Toots'
quilt. The photo can be seen in the UFO album at
http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl and for...
Forum: Quilting June 25th 08, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By allisonh
Stolen Quilts Recovered

Keith.m wrote:
Just thought I'd let everyone know that the quilts belonging toValerie
Hearder which were stolen from the trunk of her car in St.John's
Newfoundland have been recovered;
Forum: Quilting June 23rd 08, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By allisonh
Ideas needed......

I find googling sometimes helps jog my brain to come up with a new idea
- try using key words - "symphony", "quilt", "fabric" - use alone or
together - try an image search with these...
Forum: Quilting June 16th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By allisonh
2007-08 RCTQ BOM top put together!

Gorgeous colours! I love seeing how someone works with a paletter that
I would never pick myself.
Allison

Carole-Retired and Loving It wrote:
My daughter, Gray Soufflé (the QI,) and I worked...
Forum: Quilting June 16th 08, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By allisonh
Pix: New Geometrical Quilt from Pat's book

wrote:
I've been busy this week making a cushion cover using another of Pat's
(on her hill) wonderful patterns from her book, Geometrical Quilts.
This one is the Von Koch...
Forum: Quilting June 13th 08, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By allisonh
STOLEN QUILT ALERT! - what to look for

Another update - here is more detailed contact information:
Teri Springer teri at fiberandthread dot com
Royal Newfoundland Constabulary 709-729-8000.

allisonh wrote:
I received an email...
Forum: Quilting June 13th 08, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By allisonh
STOLEN QUILT ALERT! - what to look for

I received an email from the my Quebec quilt association with more info
on the quilts that were stolen and who to contact if you have any
information. I quote:

Here is a bit of an update from...
Forum: Quilting June 9th 08, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By allisonh
Foundation Piecing

Kathy Applebaum wrote:
I'm a big fan of Judy Mathieson's freezer paper method. No little pieces of
paper to pick out of the seams! :)

I hadn't heard of this method so I went googling -...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 08, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By allisonh
copywrite

wrote:

2.) Potential Copyright Law changes in the US. This has been floating
around the quilting designers world for a few days. Thought that
anyone interested in US design...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 184