Showing results 1 to 25 of 167
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Louise In Iowa
Forum: Quilting July 5th 12, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Happy 4th (with pics of my tablerunner)

Thanks! I'll have to confess that I go by the dining room table every so
often just to look at it! It just turned out so much better than I had
imagined (instead of the other way around!). Sorry if...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 12, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Happy 4th (with pics of my tablerunner)

Hmmm, might work in a center block where there's a flag!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 7/4/2012 10:33 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
Bringing up the rear here ( although I suspect some of...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 12, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Happy 4th (with pics of my tablerunner)

Thanks, Sandy. I found out it was pretty easy to do - I just put a CD of
Tim McGraw on the player and moved the machine to the rhythm of the
music! I also learned that if you mess something up and...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 12, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Happy 4th (with pics of my tablerunner)

Thanks! I'd been wanting to try something like that for a while, and
this was (obviously) a perfect opportunity!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 7/4/2012 1:15 PM, Roberta wrote:
Forum: Quilting July 4th 12, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Happy 4th (with pics of my tablerunner)

Let's go for explosive finish - that's pretty much the way I felt when I
put that last stitch in!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 7/4/2012 12:08 PM, Taria wrote:
that's terrific! you...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 12, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Happy 4th (with pics of my tablerunner)

Late last year I decided I'd make a tablerunner or topper for every
holiday or season in 2012. Well . . . it's now the 4th of July, and I
finally got one finished. I promised DH I'd have a runner...
Forum: Quilting July 1st 12, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Dahlia quilt pattern

Yep, just one more of our friends who have disappeared from the group
and/or Usenet.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 6/30/2012 4:54 PM, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!
Same here, Louise.
Forum: Quilting June 30th 12, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Dahlia quilt pattern

I just noticed that the original message about having the book was
posted over 10 years ago!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 6/30/2012 7:27 AM, wrote:
On Thursday,...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 12, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Louise In Iowa
OT that particular medical procedure when you turn 50

It was just the opposite for me. The first time, I didn't have the drug
- well, I guess I did, but it was a lower dose than the times after
that. I was somewhat uncomfortable and asked for more!...
Forum: Quilting June 26th 12, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Tumbling Monkeys Finished

The monkeys were made from flannel (except for the eyes, which were
plain ol' cotton). I'm not a huge applique fan, and when I finished the
first one, I was really having second thoughts about...
Forum: Quilting June 26th 12, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Tumbling Monkeys Finished

I just finished a quilt for my great niece. It was from Quiltmaker
magazine, and the minute I saw it, I knew exactly who to make it for.
Those monkeys were just so darned cute! Here are a couple of...
Forum: Quilting June 25th 12, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Problem Solved

I was just wondering last night if you had resolved your problem, so
it's good to hear from you and hear about your great purchase! Those
quarter-inch seams are pesky sometimes, but I think you're...
Forum: Quilting June 19th 12, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Only a quilter

Oh, Polly! Think of all the entertainment you'll give those sales
guys/girls as you measure out "just shy of a yard"! They'll be talking
about you for ages!

I hope you find something suitable. I...
Forum: Quilting June 18th 12, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Louise In Iowa
My Biggest Problem (at present)

Twila, my first thought is that your 1/4" seam isn't consistent. When
you sew two together, you should end up with a rectangle that is 5-1/2"x
10-1/2". What are yours coming out at? Once we get...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 12, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Louise In Iowa
More pics

Steal away! When I did the program, I mentioned that these would be
good, quick quilts to make for the church, Quilts for Kids, etc., so
you're doing exactly what I hoped our quilters would...
Forum: Quilting June 12th 12, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Designing a wallhanging

I love all things Stonehenge! It's such cool-looking fabric, and it
feels good in my hands.

I had seen that panel, and I truly understand what you mean about it
jumping into your arms - it's...
Forum: Quilting June 11th 12, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Louise In Iowa
OT A smile for y'all ;-)

Love it!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 6/10/2012 5:20 PM, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks their wings...
They simply continue to...
Forum: Quilting June 7th 12, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Louise In Iowa
More pics

Earlier this year, I did a program for our church circle to demo a
couple of quilts that are really quick and easy and look more
complicated than they are. That resulted in two baby/child quilts...
Forum: Quilting June 6th 12, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Louise In Iowa
New Grandson

Congrats, Sally! Does the little one live nearby? Will be waiting to see
pics of the quilt!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 6/6/2012 11:22 AM, Sally Swindells wrote:
Reuben Alexander...
Forum: Quilting June 5th 12, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Louise In Iowa
I finished one!

Thanks, Pat. Yes, it is a super pattern - and I love the name. Warm
Wishes is just perfect for a {{{HUG}}}.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 6/4/2012 3:55 PM, Pat S wrote:
What a very...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 12, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Louise In Iowa
I finished one!

Thanks, Mary. I had made a smaller Warm Wishes earlier this year (hmmm,
I don't think I posted those pics) as part of a program on quick quilts
that look more difficult to make than they are and...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 12, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Louise In Iowa
Way OT - joke

I'm lovin' these jokes - it's been a while since we've shared laughter
in the morning! Thanks, Marlys and Polly.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 6/3/2012 10:10 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
Forum: Quilting June 4th 12, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Louise In Iowa
I finished one!

I hope so, Marcella. But she'll tell me if she doesn't! LOL!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 6/3/2012 7:36 PM, Marcella Peek wrote:
It looks lovely! Your sister in law is going to...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 12, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Louise In Iowa
I finished one!

Thanks, Jen! I was really happy with the way it turned out.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 6/3/2012 5:02 PM, barnyowl wrote:
Lovely fabric combination - and quilting...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 12, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Louise In Iowa
I finished one!

Thanks, Polly! I knew that 64-box of Crayolas would come in handy!

I do love the Swirlz design - it complements nearly any quilt, but it's
particularly good for simple block designs. Kind of makes...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 167