Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Danny Breidenbach
Forum: Needlework May 27th 16, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Looking for tips, tricks, and warnings on beads

I've been working on TW's Celestial Dragon, and I'm not too far from the beading stage. I've never worked with beads, so I'm looking for input.

1. I assume it's best to do these last. Correct?

2....
Forum: Needlework September 14th 15, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
TW Celestial Dragon Errata?

Hi all,

I caught wind somewhere on the internet that the Celestial Dragon chart had some errata. I did some further browsing, and I found this http://www.twdesignworks.com/Lists/TW-errata.html

The...
Forum: Needlework August 3rd 15, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 41
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
What are we stitching?

On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 8:09:34 AM UTC-5, Ruth wrote:
Everyone have a great stitching day! No frogging allowed!

I have to take issue with "No frogging allowed." Frogging has a bad name, but...
Forum: Needlework July 29th 15, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 41
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
What are we stitching?

Slowly plugging away at TW's Celestial Dragon. Started a new food kick that has me in the kitchen more than I expected. Plus with school starting soon, more of my evening time is taken helping type...
Forum: Needlework May 4th 15, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Who Are We?

Danny in Overland Park, Kansas. I used to read RCTN when I lived in Virginia. And Indiana.

Working on TW's Celestial Dragon, and I'm doing it just because it's hard. Actually, I'm not finding it to...
Forum: Needlework March 31st 15, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Question about scroll frames

Hi --

I generally use Q-Snaps to hold my work, and I'd had no major problems. I have a question about scrolls, though. Do the scrolls hold one's work taut enough all the way around to allow for easy...
Forum: Needlework February 10th 15, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Eyes -- an update

On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 1:41:37 PM UTC-6, Danny Breidenbach wrote:
On Friday, January 23, 2015 at 8:57:26 AM UTC-6, Danny Breidenbach wrote:

Last night I stitched with the new specs....
Forum: Needlework February 10th 15, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
trammed needlepoint?

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 8:30:38 AM UTC-6, Karen C wrote:
CHECK THE DATES BEFORE YOU POST. This original post is nearly 20 years
old!!!!!!

Some of us are a little behind. Ha!!
Forum: Needlework January 27th 15, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Eyes -- an update

On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 2:18:30 PM UTC-6, wrote:

You could get one of those little LED type lights that clip on and
shone on your work would do a great job.

Ooo! I...
Forum: Needlework January 26th 15, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Eyes -- an update

On Friday, January 23, 2015 at 8:57:26 AM UTC-6, Danny Breidenbach wrote:

Last night I stitched with the new specs. Again: so far so good.

Maybe I spoke too soon. I think it has a lot to do...
Forum: Needlework January 23rd 15, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Eyes -- an update

I got my fancy new "old man" glasses two days ago. Progressive lenses. Fancier than no-line bifocals, but they follow the same idea. So far so good on general usage about town, although I just...
Forum: Needlework January 16th 15, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Eyes

True. Next time I'm waiting on an Rx, I'll have to fiddle with the readers and see what I think.

On Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 2:49:19 PM UTC-6, wrote:

You could still...
Forum: Needlework January 16th 15, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Eyes

My peripheral vision is for sucks already, and I constantly have to put my chart right in front of my nose. My chart goes from the left arm of my chair, into my hand to be held up and squinted at,...
Forum: Needlework January 16th 15, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Eyes

Good to know, and I love, love, LOVE that you acknowledge that N = 1. If only more people paid attention to that! :-)

On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 4:34:01 AM UTC-6, Sara wrote:

N=1, but I...
Forum: Needlework January 15th 15, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Eyes

The eye doctor recommended progressive lenses (no-line bifocals). He said it's likely like I'll feel back to normal with those. He also said I'm in a bit of a Catch 22: magnifiers don't play nicely...
Forum: Needlework January 6th 15, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Eyes

Looks like an excellent tip. Thank you! I just wish I had a local shop with different options to try out before buying. We'll see what the optometrist says as well.

Just a year or so ago, I was...
Forum: Needlework January 5th 15, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Eyes

At the ripe young age of 46, my eyesight is getting problematic. Hard to see the small stuff. If I take off my glasses, I can hold my work real close and see the holes BETTER than with my glasses;...
Forum: Needlework April 4th 14, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Where to find 32-count linen

Apparently, Kansas City is a needlework wasteland. What's a good online store where I can find 32-count linen, antique white, 17.25 x 20.5 inches or larger?

Thanks!
--Danny
Forum: Needlework April 3rd 14, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
frogging. .. cut from the front or back?

My perfectionist streak in my wouldn't accept stitching back over an area I'd stitched.

I would veeeeeeery carefully snip a few places on the front and frog away. I like to "unstitch" as much as I...
Forum: Needlework April 3rd 14, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Knitting a Patch

My favorite line: "Nothing is as easy as it looks." I love how it just sits there being subtly provocative but with no explanation or elaboration.

Also, I love how the group's responses have taught...
Forum: Needlework April 2nd 14, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Celestial Dragon -- how much floss

Hi.

I'm getting my ducks in a row to undertake TW's Celestial Dragon. Does anyone have any idea how much floss I'll need -- I'll be working it on 28 count, just like the directions state. I'm...
Forum: Needlework March 27th 14, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Working with metallic threads

Hi,

I will be embarking upon a Celtic Dragon pattern in the next couple of months. Any great new tips for working with metallic floss?
New brands that are easier to work with but still perform...
Forum: Needlework June 14th 13, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Brief intro and searching for The Bird Perch X-stitch pattern

Thank you. Everytime I try to join, I get this message:
You must first create a Yahoo! Profile
To use Yahoo! Groups, you must first create a public profile. This is a name which you will be known by...
Forum: Needlework June 13th 13, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Brief intro and searching for The Bird Perch X-stitch pattern

Rich,
Sounds interesting. Can you give me a tip on how to find the pictures you refer to? Is it similar to Google Groups or something? Thanks.
--Danny

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:29:33 AM UTC-5,...
Forum: Needlework June 11th 13, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 82
Posted By Danny Breidenbach
Floss Organizing System ??

I inherited from my mother-in-law a set of bags on rings -- I don't know the brand name, but they were zip top with two holes on the edge -- they were bigger and thicker than the bags I've found more...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26