Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Forum: Needlework July 23rd 09, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Help please

On Jul 1, 5:17*am, "Donna D." wrote:
(snip) Last night I found a mistake I made ages ago. I went over 3
instead of 2. So that whole part is over 1 too many.
Can I split...
Forum: Needlework July 16th 09, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
OT, but would appreciate input Warranties etc, maybe revisited.

Hello All,

If the little bird in the head is singing "rip-off!! rip-off!! rip-
off!!" then it probably is one...

I moved into a house where the dryer exhaust was vented under the
fridge which was 8...
Forum: Needlework July 16th 09, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
lightfastness of new brand of thread

Hello fellow stitchers,

It has been a few years since Venus brand thread came onto the market.

Has anybody had the chance to check the back of work done with this
thread to let us all know how...
Forum: Needlework August 13th 07, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Looking for old colour conversion info

Hello All,

I am looking for a table from Needlepoint News from 1981. It is their
Color Conversion Table #1 that was for different brands of yarns. I
believe this was Jan-Feb 1981.

If anybody...
Forum: Needlework March 9th 07, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
framing in Winnipeg - follow up

Hello Susan,

I'm glad that somebody beat me to the posting.

Sheena's is the very best place in Winnipeg, and one of the few
left.

Sheena and her partner do excellent framing and their selection in...
Forum: Needlework February 27th 07, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
stash clearance

Hello all, I have just posted some premium needlework stash for sale
on rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace.

I expect to be posting more canvases for sale next week.

Irene
Forum: Marketplace February 27th 07, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Elizabeth Bradley stash for sale

I have some Elizabeth Bradley canvases for sale.

All are stored pet-free, smoke-free, perfume-free, mold-free.

These are in pristine condition and will come with the original yarn
shade cards. I...
Forum: Quilting November 9th 06, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
OT - It's Christmas fruit cake baking time

Sunny wrote:
Sharon, please email me the recipe! I love fruitcake and haven't had
REAL fruitcake since my Meemaw died in 1974. That stuff was heavenly,

Hi Sunny,

There is a trick to baking that...
Forum: Quilting October 18th 06, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Washing frabic

Hi new fabric person,

Hand wash fat quarters in VERY HOT water. Then throw them in the dryer
on HOT. It is the heat that makes so many cottons shrink. Take them
out before they are bone dry and...
Forum: Needlework October 3rd 06, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
copyrights and multiples...eh?

Dear Librarian,

Please tell me where I used the word "photocopy" in my post?

My public library owns needlework books. They lend them to anybody
with a library card, and these borrowers can...
Forum: Needlework October 2nd 06, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
copyrights and multiples...eh?

Hello All,

I am somebody who would like to respect copyright laws as much as
possible.

But here is one for the people who like to tell me that I must pay 10x
for working a chart 10x (for myself,...
Forum: Needlework September 26th 06, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Washable variegated floss? need to know the soap

Hello All,

With reference to recent posts about colourfastness, you need to say
WHAT SOAP you are using ("soap" being the generic term).

I have washed Needle Necessities with Ivory Liquid and with...
Forum: Quilting September 19th 06, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
VENT: Not quilting, Not working...GRRRR!

Shall we consider some sports medicine?

I have trashed my knees more times that I care to count: like hitting
a patch of ice under snow when I was walking full speed to get to work
on time.

If you...
Forum: Needlework September 5th 06, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Paternayan yarn numbers

bungadora wrote:
Glad to help. I might contact JCA myself, just to find out whether
they ever produced their own conversion chart.

I have a paper chart of the US Paternayan yarns dated about...
Forum: Needlework August 17th 06, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Another LNS rant--or not--I'm not sure.

Tara D wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:39:27 -0400, MargW

There is one LNS in Woodbridge ON (on the TTC) that stocks a...
Forum: Needlework August 15th 06, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Another LNS rant--or not--I'm not sure.

LizardGumbo wrote: (snipped)
...they only sell to brick'n'mortars, in order to keep the LNS species
off the endangered list, so I would not be able to order in quantities
sufficient for my...
Forum: Quilting August 14th 06, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Global Priority Mail was: A funny thing happened on the way to a fabric order....

They didn't lie.

I don't see anything on that page that's flat rate. They all say
"...and up."

Clicking on "Global Priority Mail" gives you
Forum: Quilting August 10th 06, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
A funny thing happened on the way to a fabric order....

Dear Jo,

Some places do this when shipping from the US to Canada. Depends on
how many brain cells firing together in the shipping department...and
there are places that I won't order from as they...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18