Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: SewVeryCreative[_3_]
Forum: Quilting May 16th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
OTOT fashion words

W-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l, "ghetto" is both an insult AND a compliment (don't ask me
why).

Fr'instance:

A girl that you know hates you, will tell you look "ghetto" in that outfit
in the middle of science...
Forum: Quilting May 16th 08, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
OTOT fashion words

A hootchie-mama is basically a prossie who doesn't get paid. Unless you
count a few drinks or a MickeyDee's value meal being payment! ;)
--
Connie :-)
FREE patterns n' FREE eZine at my...

OMGosh, Pati! You should move to Bay Co, FL, then!! I've heard from oodles
of middle-schoolers that they would KILL for a Home Ec class ... we just
don't have enough HE teachers to go around. We...
Forum: Quilting May 15th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
OTOT fashion whine

*blush*
:)

Still, though ... I should have remembered those manners my momma worked so
hard to teach me ... but then again, if she had seen that kid (and heard the
mom using "blue language" in...
Forum: Quilting May 15th 08, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
OT Weather

They CAN'T. But all those eyesores (and they ARE eyesores) were financed
years ago during the "condo boom." The condo boom only lasted about 2-3
years, but the ugly buildings seem to last forever....
Forum: Quilting May 15th 08, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
OTOT fashion whine

Yeesh, don't say that, Kathyl. I still feel ashamed that I made such a stink
in the middle of my DD's school!! Even if the other "mom" didn't know
better, I sure as heck should have (if my momma...
Forum: Quilting May 15th 08, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
OT Weather

We here in Bay Co, FL are under a tornado watch (as of now, until 4pm) even
as we speak ...

We've been REALLY lucky, though ... only had three hit here in the past 7
years ... even though two of...
Forum: Quilting May 15th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
OTOT fashion whine

Oh, I should have mentioned the little girl I saw at my son's elementary
school (she looked to be about, what? 8? 9, tops) ... her little shorts were
so short, you could see her bloomers!! DD (13)...
Forum: Quilting May 15th 08, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
OTOT fashion whine

I can tell you, as a mom of a budding (and I mean BUDDING) teenage girl (13,
though she looks 16 -- and she doesn't even wear make-up -- too tomboy-ish)
it's almost impossible to shop for her. Me,...
Forum: Quilting May 6th 08, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Four Steps to Making Life Easier on Yourself (the quilter's method)

wrote in message
[snip]

1, Always have a quickie quilt-y project waiting in the wings, ready to...
Forum: Quilting May 5th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Virtues of hand sewing?

I practically can't get any *real* sewing (I CAN do handwork,though) done
with hubby in the room ... he's too distracting!! We'll get into a
conversation and 15 minutes later I'll find that all of my...
Forum: Quilting May 5th 08, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Quilt Show Admission... $$

Just curious (and I'll bet that someone else already suggested it, but I
didn't get that post!), but does your area have any tourist-y type events or
attractions??

I ask because for next year's...
Forum: Quilting May 5th 08, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
diamond in a rectangle

Let me know how big you need it all to be, and I can create it in EQ, PDF
the templates and post'em (or send'em to you)!
I do that ALL the time -- less strain on the brain for me!! :)

--
Connie...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 08, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Robyn, I don't think there's any need for an apology! I think your problem
was one of being so excited that you imagined the end result before you
imagined the work involved! ;)

But, yes, you do...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 08, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
I'm just a bit excited...... sorta Off Topic, but about sewing... sort of.

OMGosh, Pati!!!! That is AWESOME!! Congrats!!! NOW I'm absolutely glad I
have a sub to SewNews (I don't do enough "sewing" to justify it, so I've
been feeling a bit guilty)!!!! YAY!!!

Hopefully, you...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 08, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Old Kenmore machine

Ginger, I just found this listing on...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 08, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Old Kenmore machine

Ginger, I'd honestly hit eBay and grab a Kenmore with the model # starting
with "385" -- those were made by Janome for Sears and are the BEST ever!!
Mine has withstood my DD learning to sew, me...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 08, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 44
Good news post: On/off Topic

Pfft ... you're only glad that it's ME dancing 'cause you can't actually see
it! If'n you could, you'd turn away in horror, I'm sure!
No one has EVER accused me of having "rhythm!"

But seriously,...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 08, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
OT Paddles [was ot Ping: polly]

Aw, my momma used a hickory switch (that was her preferred) -- the worst
part was that she made ME go out and pick it off the tree! If I picked one
that would break after a few swats (which I did...
Forum: Quilting May 3rd 08, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Virtues of hand sewing?

I LOVE hand sewing!! I'll sit in my cushy, overstuffed, pillow and quilt
laden loveseat and just zone out to some music/tv/audiobook and go with the
flow of whatever I'm working on. It's relaxing,...
Forum: Quilting May 3rd 08, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 44
Good news post: On/off Topic

Wow!! Butterfly, that is AWESOME!!! I am happy dancing for you!!!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Butterfly}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

But Butterfly, I haven't heard you complain one bit in the year (?)...
Forum: Quilting May 3rd 08, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
ot Ping: polly

Ha! Val! Your Gramma was a novice!!! My MaMaw (my Gramma on my mom's side)
would use whatever was handy! My cousin went through the "race car set"
phase and she'd use the plastic tracking to get us...
Forum: Quilting May 1st 08, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Aaughh Department II

"Val" wrote in message

DS, the electronic guru, told me to always turn my machines
off before shutting off the power...
Forum: Quilting May 1st 08, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Aaughh Department II

Spew warning next time, please.
*cleaning coke (no, not that kind) off my lappie screen, thankyouverymuch*

--
Connie :-)
FREE patterns n' FREE eZine at my...
Forum: Quilting May 1st 08, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
I need a midwife

I dunno, but whenever that happens to me (often, which is why I don't use
the birthing method!) I "ease" the extra backing in when I quilt. I roll the
quilt ever so slightly by putting a VERY thin...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500