Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nzlstar*[_2_]
Forum: Quilting July 8th 08, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
OT Price of gasoline

i can recall filling up my Karman Ghia (sporty VW) for $2.50
back in the early 70's.
gas then in east bay, california was only $.25 a gallon.
tank held only 10 gallons.
i could run for two weeks on...
Forum: Quilting July 8th 08, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Big ole Huh? for an applique product

curiosity got the better of me, so i emailed the website
asking them what 'organic natural ingredients' were in the
solution (i'm still wondering how it is a solution if there
is only powder in...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 08, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 87
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
VERY OT International traveling???

feed your plants. :)
http://www.submersibledesign.com/drinkpee/diy.html
hey, its just recycling, good for the whole planet. :)
j.

"nzlstar*" wrote...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 08, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Fri evening update [was OT [very] My Hometown is on Fire]

wow, as you're here typing i guess you made it thru that
night intact with no damage to the house.
that is good news. {{{{{Pam}}}}}}

the 'sovereign nation' thing on some issues that are a
safety...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 08, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Searching for a sweing tool

http://magstitch.blogspot.com/2007/10/hearts-and-flowerstitchers.html
heres a pix of the tool.
j.

"nzlstar*" wrote...
http://www.workshopontheweb.com/july2001/val.htm
yet another article about...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 08, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Big ole Huh? for an applique product

i thot all starches we'd use on fabric came from vegetable
cellulose?
not something i thot much about tho.
why not make your own 'organic' starch, then buy one of
those simple sponge top...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 08, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 87
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
VERY OT International traveling???

http://www.thefarm.org/charities/i4at/surv/distill.htm
explains how distillation works.

http://www.jbwaterdistillers.com/faq/
lots of info about water generallly.
even a 'mac guyver' way to make...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 08, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Searching for a sweing tool

this seemed the diy way to me as well, Pam.
have you tried it? got pix of the results?
think'n of the time spent doing all those yoyo's by hand,
argh,
j.

"Dragonfly" wrote...
You can make your...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 08, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Searching for a sweing tool

http://www.workshopontheweb.com/july2001/val.htm
yet another article about the machine attachment.
says there it works on different machines, worth a read to
check which ones.
j.

"Woolstitcher"...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 08, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Fri evening update [was OT [very] My Hometown is on Fire]

been watching lots on CNN here about the fires in Calif.
it scares the heck outta me.
had a fire start under our house early one saturday morning
when i was a kid.
no one else was up 'cept me...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 08, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
OT [very] My Hometown is on Fire

perhaps if you put your dance'n shoes on and have at it, Ms
P.
usually brings rain, i hear.
some damn fool down our way needs to take a rest from all
that dance'n.
geez, louise, its soggy on top of...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 87
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
VERY OT International traveling???

wow, are you gonna have a blast, Leslie.
seems everything has been covered.
just a note or two....

if you think you might use the ATMs overseas, be aware of
what the fees from your bank or credit...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 08, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Another exciting website find!

rofl.
if it yells at me i buy it.
one really screamed at me and grabbed me as i walked past so
innocently in Ohio.
it is green/white leaves that look like it is batik, tho i
dont think it is.
good...
Forum: Quilting July 3rd 08, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
OT GERDlings

sometimes just keeping the wee lad upright for a half hour
after a feed is sufficient.
i like the wedge sleeping thing idea tho. new to me. great
idea for sure.
i also agree with avoiding the meds...
Forum: Quilting July 3rd 08, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Another exciting website find!

no self control?
give me a break. you have a good size stash i hope.
therefore you have brilliant self control.
control to buy any and all beautiful fabric that your wallet
can afford.
no self...
Forum: Quilting July 2nd 08, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Another exciting website find!

and your point is???
j.

"teleflora" wrote...
There was no tossing of the coins. I didn't do a stinkin
thing today!
Cindy

"jennellh" wrote...
Toss a coin maybe?? jennellh
Forum: Quilting June 30th 08, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
new to this group, have applique question

yup, depends on the design.
i couldnt find this pattern when i googled.
who publishes it or the authors name or a link to a pix
online might be useful.
more often than not the applique is done...
Forum: Quilting June 30th 08, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
O.T. Anyone know how

wow, new one to me too, nana.
i did a google on 'X-Max.net virus' to see what it was.
by the looks of it you cant use the google or yahoo search
engine to figure this out as that is just what the...
Forum: Quilting June 28th 08, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Sale!

no your not, Kathyl.
admit it, you get great joy out of enabling more s.e.x. with
this group.
not that it takes much to do just that.
well done you!!
snorfle,
j.
posted thru news.aioe.org, they seem...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 08, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Best Tip or Hint

with a name like yours, Polly Esther,
i'd thot for sure you'd be hootchie mama.
go figure, :))
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote...
I wear my threads. When I'm quilting, my usual tasteful
ensemble...
Forum: Quilting June 26th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
update on grandson, thanks

excellent progress all the way around with the wee lad,
Marilyn.
amazing how quick they get them moving these days, eh.
as for getting up just to have a pee...
when ds was in hospital back in '01...
Forum: Quilting June 26th 08, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Log Cabin Q.

if ya use two different widths, narrow on two adjacent sides
and wider on the other two adjacent sides you'll get a
curved effect with the blocks.
put for of those together and you'll have bubbles....
Forum: Quilting June 26th 08, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
I didn't need anything, but.....

and cheaper than therapy too, eh.
well done you!!
j.

"amy in CNY" wrote
now that's my kind of sale!! good for you! have fun with it!
and tell
hubby, it's better than buying diamonds once a...
Forum: Quilting June 26th 08, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Polly Esther, Trixie and Gwen

well HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!!
We're just plum glad to hear from you, Sandy.
all of us, not just Ms Polly, Trixie and Gwen.
tis good to know you're heal'n well enough to type.
look out LQS, our Sandy is up...
Forum: Quilting June 26th 08, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By nzlstar*[_2_]
Ideas needed

the small caps on litre size bottles of soda pop work for
finger size pincushions.
the larger ones on 3 litre juice type bottles work for wrist
size pincushions.
dont forget to take a hot glue gun...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500