Showing results 1 to 25 of 218
Search took 1.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DiMa
Forum: Quilting July 16th 10, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By DiMa
OT almost, baby rompers

How very clever.
Thanks for posting the link Polly.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.

"Polly Esther" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting July 15th 10, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 37
Posted By DiMa
Ping Jeanne

Oh, I do so love it when Jeanne finds what people are looking for - I have a
baby quilt to do with a lamb on it and this is just perfect.

Thanks for asking the question Polly and thanks Jeanne for...
Forum: Quilting July 15th 10, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By DiMa
Letter to Fons & Porter

Polly, thanks for that idea, I did learn my lesson and will use two rubber
thimbles in future.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.
Vic Australia

"Polly Esther"...
Forum: Quilting July 15th 10, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By DiMa
Letter to Fons & Porter

That should read :
...to find that it wasn't cutting true etc...
--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.
Vic Australia

"DiMa" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting July 15th 10, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By DiMa
Letter to Fons & Porter

I purchased a 5pack of blades and thought I had put one into my cuter only
to find that he wasn't cutting true and had lots of threads like yours. I
had even cut myself quite badly trying to find...
Forum: Quilting July 15th 10, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By DiMa
new family member

Seymour sounds like a bundle of joy.
Hope you have many years of love and play with him.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.
Vic Australia

"off kilter...
Forum: Quilting July 11th 10, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By DiMa
OT Noxious plant warning

Giant Hogweed is here in Australia too, right across the coast from the west
to Tasmania and all of Victoria - it's a worry in Tasmania and Victoria -
seems to be spreading rapidly.
--
Di
I'm...

Prayers on the way.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.
Vic Australia

"She in PA" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 10, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
OT
Posted By DiMa
OT

Wishing all USA quilty friends a very Happy 4th July.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.
Vic Australia
Forum: Quilting June 12th 10, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 39
Posted By DiMa
Polly's new baby quilt photos

Thanks for that advice Polly, much appreciated.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.
Vic Australia

"Polly Esther" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting June 11th 10, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 39
Posted By DiMa
Polly's new baby quilt photos

Love the idea of the "I used a very thin fleece for the pink and it is just
ahhhh"
Hope you don't mind if I copy the idea.

I am just about to make a 'lamb"and green quilt for him. Colours selected...
Forum: Quilting June 5th 10, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By DiMa
Thanksgiving Day - some advice please

I am really looking forward to the feast but have to advise that all my
trousers are elastic-waisted.

Thank once again for your fantastic comments.

Cheers.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect...
Replies: 31
Posted By DiMa
Thanksgiving Day - some advice please

Thank you all. Firstly, I should have made this an OT, my apologies for not
doing that.

Your advice and suggestions are great and I think I will take EPs advice and
make a small table runner - I...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 10, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By DiMa
Thanksgiving Day - some advice please

Hi to all the USA posters,

Firstly, I know that this event is held in November in the USA and my
daughter has advised my DH and I that we are going to be invited to a
Thanksgiving Day "something"...
Forum: Quilting May 31st 10, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By DiMa
Clean up advice

Hi Maureen,

When I have had to spin dry anything delicate - a baby handbknitted shawl
for instance, I laid it out on a towel or single sheet, rolled it up gentle
and then spin dry. I then squared...
Forum: Quilting May 28th 10, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By DiMa
My New QI

He is sooooooooo cute - love those wicked eyes.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.
Vic Australia

"Jennifer in Ottawa" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 10, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By DiMa
More bags from me...

Thanks Pat, no, the hopping bag went to my DD.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.
Vic Australia

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 16th 10, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By DiMa
More bags from me...

Thank you to everyone. They were a big hit with my daughter's work
colleagues too.

Oh, made another one today - pink butterflies on mauve background and purple
contrast for a 4 year...
Forum: Quilting May 16th 10, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By DiMa
More bags from me...

Hi all,

I have been busy making more small bags and one large hopping bag.
I am enjoying making these bags and have been requested to make two for
birthday presents by my daughters for their...
Forum: Quilting May 13th 10, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By DiMa
Aarrgh! A mistake!

Ah, EP, I did just that myself yesterday. I too will have to buy more
material, fortunately, the other material won't go astray.

And yes, depression hit me too over the last three days and I didn't...
Forum: Quilting May 10th 10, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By DiMa
Two bag and a cat

That kitty climbed into the red umbrella bag and promptly went to sleep when
I left it on the bed.
We also have four dogs at the moment, my eldest daughter is visiting with
her two.

--
Di
I'm...

I used to have a Ragdoll called Jack who like to sleep across my neck and
shoulders. It was a bit hot in the summer but wonderful in the winter.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat...
Forum: Quilting May 9th 10, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By DiMa
Two bag and a cat

Even the cotton reels on my sewing machine are fair game as far as the two
cat are concerned.
They now get put in the loungeroom or laundry when I sew.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to...
Forum: Quilting May 9th 10, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By DiMa
Two bag and a cat

Everytime Sian opens her laptop, Annie seems to have a extra sense that it
is time to trample over it.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.
Vic Australia

"Polly Esther"...
Forum: Quilting May 8th 10, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By DiMa
Two bag and a cat

At the present time I have three little furbabies helping me.

Thank you. The shopping bag is my idea but the roses bag is from a pattern
which I modified.