Showing results 1 to 25 of 92
Search took 1.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: R. E. Wicker
Forum: Quilting June 23rd 10, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By R. E. Wicker
St. Cloud MN Annual Quilting Show

O.K. No Interest in the MN Quilter's Show? The place was over run
with people, surely at least one of you attended.

The Quilters' Guild of North Dakota is September 23-26th, any interest
in that...
Forum: Quilting June 20th 10, 09:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By R. E. Wicker
St. Cloud MN Annual Quilting Show

I am still reeling from the outstanding workmanship put in to the
A-one quilts shown in the ballroom in the adjoining hotel. The
non-judged quilts in the regular showrooms with the ventors were...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 10, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By R. E. Wicker
newsgroup

This is Rec. Crafts.Texiles.quilting and if you are a quilter you
just start posting your quilting projects and news.

Rhoda...
http://rhodaberry,wordpress.com

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 05:48:45 -0700...
Forum: Quilting June 12th 10, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By R. E. Wicker
FACEBOOK OT

Thank you for your interest but I have an acceptable list and the rest
is suppose to go to "junk." I had my information taken out by a
professional Computer person I can trust and whom I pay to...
Forum: Quilting June 12th 10, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By R. E. Wicker
FACEBOOK OT

I had my name and information withdrawn from Face Book over a year ago
and am still getting dirty mail in my personal e-mail box nearly every
day. It is disgusting and I guess the only way around...
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 10, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Quilt Magazines ..... they're eating my space up

I continue to like American Patchwork & Quilting put out by Better
Homes & Gardens above all others. Most reliable company and service
out...
Forum: Quilting May 8th 10, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Quilt shows in the US?

I liked the Paducah shows and went there three times. The last Big
and Wonderful Show I went to was the Vermont Quilt Festival two years
ago. I hope to be able to go to Vermont's festival next...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 10, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By R. E. Wicker
?? for the Janome users here

Yes, Sandy, I have the top, filler and back all ready for me to roll
on to my 94" inch frame. It is the Hot Red pattern shown I believe in
the December BH&G Patchword & Quilting Magazine.

Have...
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 10, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Janome Bobbins

A difference of opinion and a difference in experiences are always
possible and acceptable....rudeness is NOT.

Rhoda

On Sat, 01 May 2010 19:25:51 -0500, R. E. Wicker
wrote:

I...
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 10, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Janome Bobbins

I am on my third Janome embroidry machine and I do find a difference
in the size of the bobbins. The very first one 8,000 has a smaller on
and slightly curved top and bottom. The next Janome 10,000...
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 10, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By R. E. Wicker
?? for the Janome users here

I am on my third Janome and I do find that the bobbins are different.
Some are totally flat on both side, some have a curve on one or both
sides and there is a difference in the first one (which is...
Forum: Quilting January 30th 10, 09:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Magazine subscriptions

The BHG Patchwork & Quilting magazine is the ONE quilting magazine
that I will not give up. I have made many of the quilts shown and
patterned in their magazine. So, we aren't all the same. I...
Forum: Quilting January 6th 10, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Newest Quilting Project

The next time you are standing in line to check out in a K-Mart, or
Target, or Wal-Mart look at the magazine racks and I bet you'll see a
BH&G Patchwork and Quilting magazine among the array. My...
Forum: Quilting January 6th 10, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Newest Quilting Project

I do believe I announced that my next quilt will be the Red Hot or Hot
Red quilt shown in the recent edition of BH&G Patchwork & Quilting
magazine.

Christmas went on forever here because of the...
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 09, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Question re copyright of drawing of Dora

Well, I only studiedlaw for two semesters in my pursuit to "learn to
run my father's business" but as long as you did not take another's
creation to sale and profit in so doing you really have not...
Forum: Quilting November 24th 09, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Red Hots-Shown in Magazine

When my February BH&G American Patchwork & Quilting came I fell in
love with the cover. On page 48+ it is shown in entirety and I do
believe it will be fun to make. I like those shades of red.

I...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 09, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By R. E. Wicker
The Follow Up Christmas Project

If I had a digital camera I could take pictures nd put them up on
Webshots...but alas I am such a spend thrift on other thing I never
seem to budget out a new camera. It was even on my list for...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 09, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By R. E. Wicker
The Follow Up Christmas Project

What a lovely idea. I can visualize it even now.

Rhoda

wrote:

Oh mercy, no. I wasn't thinking 'Linen'. For the cookie tin liners, I
thought as long as you had the...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 09, 10:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By R. E. Wicker
The Follow Up Christmas Project

With the price of linen these days, I'd better find a better use for
the napkins than liners. But thanks anyway.

It's so nice to be able to talk with you ladies who know what we
sewers strive...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 09, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By R. E. Wicker
The Follow Up Christmas Project

Thank you all for your responses to my Christmas Project of decorating
place mats with Christmas theme pictures and words. They are all
trimmed and tidied up and on to napkins to match the main...
Forum: Quilting September 29th 09, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Christmas Sewing Project

I entered the word that I was in the midst of a project for Christmas
some weeks ago. It got no replies and I should by all rights take
that as dis-interest; however, the project of making...
Forum: Quilting August 22nd 09, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By R. E. Wicker
OT - about gluten free

Most boxed spices are not gluten-free. It must say so on the box if
it's gluten-free. The safest way to get the flavor of cinnamon is
with the stick and grate it. Unless you also have Barrett's...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 09, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Jewel Box Design

I finally looked closer at the quilt on the frame and it is a simple
Jenny Beyer pattern of the Jewel Box done in dark blue, dark red and
white emphasize in the cross design. It is shown on my...
Forum: Quilting August 6th 09, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Back to Quilting!

I do wish I had a digital camera to take pictures. But I do have a
picture of my downstairs living room with the quilt draped over the
frame. I will try putting that on Webshots soon. It is a...
Forum: Quilting August 5th 09, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By R. E. Wicker
Back to Quilting!

I've had a whirlwind month and am glad to get back to Quilting in
August. My son Matthew is bringing me a used TV so I can use it to
play DVDs on while quilting in my lower living room. Today I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 92