Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 1.57 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eastern Edge
Forum: Yarn February 20th 07, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Eastern Edge
Home for a bit

On Feb 19, 2:32 pm, "Katherine" wrote:
This is reading week, so I am in Labrador, enjoying real winter at
alst. Cold, but crisp and clean. I can drink water again without
Forum: Yarn February 16th 07, 11:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Eastern Edge
Looking for yarn

On Feb 15, 6:49 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
Gee imagine that!!

Anyhow, if anyone has any White Buffalo Wool especially in a darker blue or
heathered blue that they'd care to part...
Forum: Yarn December 22nd 06, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Eastern Edge
2007 knit calendar and Merry Christmas

Spike Driver wrote:
Thank you Michelle and Olwyn Mary, it is nice to see some one respond to
your post.

I guess beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. I would give it a 4
out of 5. ...
Forum: Yarn December 21st 06, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Eastern Edge
2007 knit calendar

Spike Driver wrote:
I purchased several weeks ago the 2007 knit calendar that some of us
purchase. The one in the box a couple of inches bigger than index cards.

I think it is the best on in...
Forum: Yarn November 7th 06, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By Eastern Edge
ATTN Those of you in Montreal!

Attention Katherine and anyone else in the Montreal area...the Yarn
Harlot is gonna be at McGill Bookstore Friday at 5:30.

Here's her blog entry: http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/

Details are on the...
Forum: Yarn November 7th 06, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Eastern Edge
intro and looking for a yarn...

Jessamy wrote:
Hiya Michelle,

thanks for the welcome! and thanks for looking too :-D my LYS does have a
lot of scheepjes wol - it's a Dutch company after all but the Tossa is an
older line...
Forum: Yarn November 5th 06, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Eastern Edge
intro and looking for a yarn...

Jessamy wrote:
Hiya,

I'm more of a regular over on RCTQ and a semi regular on Alt.sewing but
having run into a problem know I was better off here for this one. I'm 36,
single mother of 2...
Forum: Yarn October 26th 06, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Eastern Edge
Info on Junghans Fee and Lang Yarns Venezia, please

DA wrote:
These yarns are not imported to the US, and all the info I have been able to
find on the web is from Dutch/German sites.
What is the suggested stitch/row gauge and needle size from...
Forum: Yarn October 13th 06, 09:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Eastern Edge
Looking for Spiderman chart!

Maggs wrote:
Hi! I'm new to this group.....well, kinda maybe! but not really! I was
a member a couple of years ago.....got to busy to keep up.....but I missed
all of you!!!! Do you still...
Forum: Yarn October 7th 06, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Eastern Edge
Yippie!

DAB wrote:
I finally have the last of my Christmas yarn bought.....some variegated
yarn by Bernat called Camouflage to make hats for the BIL's and Nephews.
Now I just need to get busy and knit...
Forum: Yarn October 2nd 06, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Eastern Edge
Knitting/Crocheting from unspun wool

Wooly wrote:
On 2 Oct 2006 10:23:10 -0700, "Jenn" spewed forth
:

Hi Ladies.

I am mostly a lurker in this realm, but I have been crocheting for 16+
years and...
Forum: Yarn October 2nd 06, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Eastern Edge
Pirate invasion

Aud wrote:
"
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/quilt_craft_mom/album?.dir=a07ere2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Inspiration from he
Forum: Yarn September 30th 06, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Eastern Edge
Yar! Ahoy Matey!

Katherine wrote:
Wooly wrote:
For your viewing pleasure, the links:

~55k http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/yar_matey_small.jpg
~200k...
Forum: Yarn September 30th 06, 09:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Eastern Edge
Pirate invasion

SpikeDriver wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:
I've been invaded by a pirate, but he's very cute so I think I'll keep
him.

This is the result of a pirate hat request:
Forum: Yarn September 30th 06, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Eastern Edge
Pirate invasion

Katherine wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:

Thanks Katherine. Today, though, he's abandoned the pirate hat in
favour of a superman...
Forum: Yarn September 29th 06, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Eastern Edge
Pirate invasion

Katherine wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:

Thanks Katherine. Today, though, he's abandoned the pirate hat in
favour of a superman t-shirt and cape. Wonder what his teacher will
say...
Forum: Yarn September 29th 06, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Eastern Edge
Pirate invasion

hesira wrote:
Michelle,

My 4 year old son has a shelf in his closet exclusively for dramatic
play (dress-up for boys). He's got Spiderman, Power Rangers, Darth
Vader, Ninjas, cowboy,...
Forum: Yarn September 29th 06, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Eastern Edge
Pirate invasion

Katherine wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:
I've been invaded by a pirate, but he's very cute so I think I'll keep
him.

This is the result of a pirate hat request:
Forum: Yarn September 29th 06, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Eastern Edge
Pirate invasion

wrote:
That is one cool pirate mateys......Michelle, if you like the pirate
patterns there are a lot over at Hello Yarn blog-everything from tote
bags to scarves, socks and...
Forum: Yarn September 29th 06, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Eastern Edge
Pirate invasion

spampot wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:
I've been invaded by a pirate, but he's very cute so I think I'll keep
him.

This is the result of a pirate hat request:
Forum: Yarn September 29th 06, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Eastern Edge
Pirate invasion

hesira wrote:
That is a super cute pirate! The hat's pretty cool, too.

Hesira

Thanks Hesira!

Michelle
Forum: Yarn September 28th 06, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Eastern Edge
Pirate invasion

I've been invaded by a pirate, but he's very cute so I think I'll keep
him.

This is the result of a pirate hat...
Forum: Yarn September 22nd 06, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Eastern Edge
Speaking of socks....

BB wrote:
I was impressed with this concept.

http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/FEATextreme2in1.html

BB

Yup, that impressed me, too, especially as I find myself with second
sock/mitten sydrome...
Forum: Yarn September 22nd 06, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Eastern Edge
Spoiling Dennis :)

SpikeDriver wrote:
Hello Friends,

I just purchased for my self a 32" flat screen lcd and a DVR with DVD
writer and a VHS recorder from Emerson the tv is an ILO 32HD. I love
them.

I...
Forum: Yarn September 22nd 06, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 41
Posted By Eastern Edge
What's everybody 'working' on?

yarnwright wrote:
Knowing full well 2 people will ask what the purpose of this question
is, and also knowing full well that one will contradict anything I
answer, SPLORT!
SO, what IS...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64