Showing results 1 to 25 of 332
Search took 0.50 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: suzee
Forum: Yarn December 12th 09, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By suzee
Fingerless mitts

Linda D. wrote:
On Dec 11, 10:15 pm, mirjam wrote:
I found the 2 needle chain edge CO that Mirjam mentions...
Forum: Yarn December 12th 09, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By suzee
Fingerless mitts

mirjam wrote:
I found the 2 needle chain edge CO that Mirjam mentions -http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-cast-on-using-the-two-...

It's kind of a twisted knit cast on, might...
Forum: Yarn December 12th 09, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By suzee
Fingerless mitts

Linda D. wrote:
On Dec 10, 12:52 am, mirjam wrote:
I think I did what you mean Mirjam, and used the Knit-on cast on as
shown...
Forum: Yarn December 10th 09, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By suzee
Fingerless mitts

Linda D. wrote:
On Dec 9, 3:41 am, mirjam wrote:
I knit them , i mean k a stich turn right hand needle and move new st
to left hand needle, knit 2nd st , move to left...
Forum: Yarn December 9th 09, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By suzee
Fingerless mitts

Linda D. wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've been knitting Fingerless mitts that have a thumb. I have to cast
on three stitches after setting aside stitches for the thumb, and the
pattern says to...
Forum: Yarn November 28th 09, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By suzee
scarf pattern? ... knit, tapered, eyelet

Chris_Signe wrote:
This did the trick... looks like Simple Eyelet 1 or 2 just spaced further
apart. Of course with this site and the ones Samantha noted I'm going to be
totally distracted...
Forum: Yarn November 28th 09, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By suzee
scarf pattern? ... knit, tapered, eyelet

Chris_Signe wrote:
Thanks for your responses. I'm pretty much a beginning knitter. I could
probably come up with something similar but I am looking for any helps and
hints. I don't have a...
Forum: Yarn October 16th 09, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By suzee
Anyone know about mitered squares

wrote:
Thanks. That is the one thing I hate. My guessimating is always a
little off. But, I will give it a go. Oh one more question. has anyone
ever tried making...
Forum: Yarn October 16th 09, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By suzee
Anyone know about mitered squares

wrote:
I hate doing swatches. And, I am trying to figure how you come with
the right amount of stitches for an 8" mitered square. How are you
able to calculate that?...
Forum: Yarn July 29th 09, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By suzee
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

DA wrote:

Oh there are some pattern designers who will sue people who distribute
their knitting patterns elsewhere, even for free. There are huge
threads on copyrights on some of the...
Forum: Yarn July 29th 09, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By suzee
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply wrote:
suzee wrote:

IIRC, the copyright is still valid for 30-some-odd years from the
original date, and it can be renewed for another...
Forum: Yarn July 29th 09, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By suzee
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Murielle wrote:
"Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Murielle wrote:
I got up this morning...
Forum: Yarn July 29th 09, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By suzee
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply wrote:
Murielle wrote:
I got up this morning intending to look up the magazine on the
interent and email them explaining what I'd done, and...
Forum: Yarn July 28th 09, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By suzee
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Murielle wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
Murielle wrote:
"mirjam" wrote in message
Forum: Yarn July 28th 09, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By suzee
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Murielle wrote:
"mirjam" wrote in message
Murielle
I am not sure it is legal to share such...
Forum: Yarn April 1st 08, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By suzee
How is everyone

wrote:
Hallo all how are you , After a HOT spell of desert winds and Dust
that entered every corner we now have colder days and even some
rain ,,, Which is ALWAYS welcome...
Forum: Yarn March 27th 08, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 35
Posted By suzee
A Question of Yarn ... Swatch and Beyond!

wrote:
On Mar 27, 3:13 am, suzee wrote:
Murielle wrote:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that. But, I didn't realize you
had to keep the...
Forum: Yarn March 27th 08, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Murielle wrote:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that. But, I didn't realize you
had to keep the swatches. It's a good idea, I'm sure. Though, to be
honest, I'm not sure why. ...
Forum: Yarn March 24th 08, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 15
Posted By suzee
Mitten Question

hesira wrote:
On Mar 24, 12:10 am, suzee wrote:
hesira wrote:
On Mar 23, 12:57 pm, suzee wrote:
hesira wrote:
On Mar 23, 10:36 am, suzee...
Forum: Yarn March 23rd 08, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 15
Posted By suzee
Mitten Question

hesira wrote:
On Mar 23, 10:36 am, suzee wrote:
hesira wrote:
Hi All,
I'm new at mitten making, and am having trouble following the
pattern. I was wondering if...
Forum: Yarn March 23rd 08, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 15
Posted By suzee
Mitten Question

hesira wrote:
Hi All,

I'm new at mitten making, and am having trouble following the
pattern. I was wondering if any of you could help.

I'm at the place where I need to make the opening...
Forum: Yarn March 19th 08, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By suzee
my first trip into a yarn shop....

Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer) wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:46:37 -0700 (PDT), betsey
wrote:

On Mar 10, 11:01 pm, suzee wrote:
betsey...
Forum: Yarn March 11th 08, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By suzee
my first trip into a yarn shop....

betsey wrote:
On Mar 10, 6:11�pm, "Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)"
wrote:
On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 04:10:18 -0800 (PST), betsey

Forum: Yarn March 7th 08, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By suzee
my first trip into a yarn shop....

betsey wrote:
On Mar 6, 9:05�am, suzee wrote:
betsey wrote:
and oh boy, did i get sensory overload...but, had fun!!
i was in central NJ on business yesterday and...
Forum: Yarn March 6th 08, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

betsey wrote:
and oh boy, did i get sensory overload...but, had fun!!

i was in central NJ on business yesterday and the garmin said there
was a yarn shop near by...Carriage Yarns in Ocean,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 332