Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nickie{D}
Forum: Yarn August 9th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 0
Posted By nickie{D}
For Londoners - a meetup group tomorrow

Just thought it might be worth mentioning here, there is a meetup group
for London knitters, see http://knitting.meetup.com/1270/?gj=sj2 for
details.

I will be going along tomorrow evening after...
Forum: Yarn July 7th 07, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By nickie{D}
Please could you all Delete part of those LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGletters

LOL - I'm finding it fascinating how different different newsgroups can
be! The other one I asked about it in is strongly of the opinion that
top-posting is the work of the devil!

Guess as long...
Forum: Yarn July 6th 07, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By nickie{D}
Please could you all Delete part of those LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGletters

Hi David,

I was intrigued by this and asked friends on another newsgroup. The
best reason they came up with for the convention of bottom-posting was
the unreliability of usenet in terms of...
Forum: Yarn July 1st 07, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By nickie{D}
Please could you all Delete part of those LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGletters

If top-posting is considered poor netiquette, which I agree, it is, but
it is helpful to someone using a text reader, then perhaps netiquette
needs to be adjusted to meet the needs of differently...
Forum: Yarn May 25th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By nickie{D}
LYS - San Francisco?

Aaron Lewis wrote:

Gansey yarns; iriss of Penzance (www.iriss.co.uk), (fast, and they take
credit cards on-line); more colors at
http://www.dickie.co.uk/pure_new_wools.htm,

Better...
Forum: Yarn May 25th 07, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By nickie{D}
LYS - San Francisco?

Hi folks,

I will be in the fortunate position of travelling to California soon and
wondered if anyone can recommend local yarn stores in San Francisco or
the surrounding area? I do love a good...
Forum: Yarn May 2nd 07, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By nickie{D}
short crochet hooks?

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message

It used to be the Rule for the size of folding scout knives that...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7