Showing results 1 to 25 of 173
Search took 2.84 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nann
Forum: Quilting December 22nd 11, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Nann
21 Quiltmaker Magazine Back Issues Up for Grabs

Oh, my, that is an old post. Not only Mickie but also Willene (aka
Snigdibbly). Snigs passed away five or six years ago.
I used Mickie's "New Millennium" pattern for my Y2K quilt (which was
made...
Forum: Quilting November 23rd 11, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Nann
"traditional" Thanksgiving dinner

Did you all know that GBC was invented by a real person? That is, it
is not a mists-of-tradition recipe.
Her name was Dorcas Reilly and she was a home economist...
Forum: Quilting October 20th 11, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Nann
fabric amounts for quilts

I won't dispute everyone who's made the calculations, BUT: are you
planning to buy ALL new fabric for this quilt?
If you have most of it in your stash already, does it matter if the
top requires 52...
Forum: Quilting September 16th 11, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Nann
Quilting Gallery contest!

http://quiltinggallery.com/2011/09/16/vote-now-nine-patch-quilts/
I entered "Save the Planet" in this week's contest. You can vote for
three -- and I'd appreciate it if one were for...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 11, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Nann
The eyes have it...

BT,DT though my tear was not as severe as yours. Did you get a shiner
(black eye) from the needle w/ the local anaesthetic? And, yes, those
mega-dilation drops are really something. (The pupil gets...
Forum: Quilting August 24th 11, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 44
Posted By Nann
Needing some tips about Dear Jane

OMG!!!!
I clicked on the link to "the one that got Trish hooked." The woman
whose DJ that is is Cindy in Racine, WI, which is 10 miles north of
where I live.

At church last Sunday a friend (and...
Forum: Quilting August 14th 11, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Nann
Lovely Eye Candy

Carol, if you're on Facebook you can look up ALA Biblioquilters to see
the two bookshelf quilts that the group made for the ALA scholarship
auction in 2010 and 2011. the 2011 quilt has a Kindle on...
Forum: Quilting August 13th 11, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Nann
Lovely Eye Candy

Photos of a couple of my quilts are in that photostream.

I coordinated the bookshelf quilt that is hanging in the lobby of the
ALA Washington Office. (I didn't make the blocks but I set and...
Forum: Quilting July 11th 11, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Nann
UFOs

I am very uncomfortable with UFOs and I prefer to work on one project
at a time. Multiple projects distract me to the point of paralysis.
My definition of "finished sufficiently to put away" is a...
Forum: Quilting June 30th 11, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Nann
Minot floods

Thanks, Gen --
I forwarded the information to the Heart Strings group (the Yahoo
group for www.heartstringsquiltproject.com). I have a couple of
string quilts ready to send out.

Nann

On Jun 27,...
Forum: Quilting June 30th 11, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Nann
What's your favourite quilting book?

I cannot stop at one!

Techniques
* "Setting Solutions" and "Great Sets" by Sharyn Craig -- both of them
make me want to whip up a bunch of blocks just so I can set them as
cleverly as Sharyn does.
*...
Forum: Quilting June 30th 11, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Nann
Minot floods

Thanks, Gen --
I have forwarded the information to the HeartStrings Quilt Project
(actually to the companion Yahoo Group to www.heartstringsquiltproject.com)..
I have a couple of HS quilts done-done...
Forum: Quilting June 24th 11, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Nann
Please vote for my quilt!

My quilt "Railroad Ties" is an entry in this week's Quilting Gallery
feature. Please take a look and...
Forum: Quilting June 23rd 11, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Nann
Signature square question

I appreciate everyone's suggestions. I ironed freezer paper to muslin
and cut pieces 2.5 x 5. I have about 50 rectangles.
I have packed all my Pigma pens (about 6) plus two fine-line
Sharpies. ...
Forum: Quilting June 21st 11, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Nann
Signature square question

The long-time co-moderator of PubLib, the public library listserv, is
stepping down from that position. I'd like to honor her years of
service by making her a quilt. What I have in mind is a...
Forum: Quilting May 28th 11, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Nann
Unusual quilt fabric!

from Google Alerts:

http://www.sentinelsource.com/entertainment/entertainment_news/artist-uses-jock-straps-for-inspiration/article_a3a1d268-b809-570b-95fe-936b279ff19b.html

"While most would call...
Forum: Quilting April 22nd 11, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Nann
Snapshot Day!

Those of you among my FB Friends have had an opportunity to see these,
but here's the link for everyone else.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=346709&id=29373207348&l=cdbb81ca17

April 13 was...
Forum: Quilting March 10th 11, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Nann
OT another toy list

The article mentions paper towel tubes. TP is now sold w/o tubes --
saves a lot of paper/cardboard. I would think they'd be working on
doing the same for paper towels. The tubes have been gone from...
Forum: Quilting February 25th 11, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Nann
'Objectionable' quilt at Virginia show

Google Alerts picked this up today.
http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/sexually-explicit-quilt-on-display#idc-cover

Here is the artist's website. http://kathynida.com/current-shows/
Note that...
Forum: Quilting December 10th 10, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Nann
Fons & Porter DVD scam, sort of

Months ago I got a DVD from Fons and Porter. It has quilt patterns, I
guess (I never watched it). Since then I have gotten several notices
from the F&P people (not Marianne and Liz personally g)...
Forum: Quilting November 8th 10, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Nann
Pine Tree Block Comparison

I think it depends on the look you want to achieve. The left-hand
pictu if all the trees are out of the same fabric and with a sharp
contrast between the trees and the background, the effect will...
Forum: Quilting August 11th 10, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Nann
OT genealogy

Sure! The library.

At ZBPL we have 24/7 access to HeritageQuest and inhouse access to
Ancestry.com. HQ includes all of the census. I've found some
relatives my husband didn't know he had. :)

I...
Forum: Quilting June 16th 10, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Nann
newsgroup

Ginny, the "Our Quilting Bee" site says that their next Swarm (their
annual meetup) will be at VQF!
You could check 'em out. :)

Nann

On Jun 15, 9:49*am, ginny wrote:
Forum: Quilting April 21st 10, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Nann
Leaving June 30-- Not off Topic

Debbi,
I read RCTQ via Google Groups.
Go to Google. From the bar at the upper left corner, choose "more." A
drop-down menu appears and "groups" is at the bottom of it.

Nann

On Apr 20, 12:43*am,...
Forum: Quilting March 17th 10, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Nann
Quilt in your Sleep?

It's comforting to know (35 years later) that I was not the only one
for whom "first draft = final draft" and "I begin at the beginning and
stop at the end." The results were decent grades. (Hmmm,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 173