Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Don T
Forum: Jewelry April 15th 09, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By Don T
How to melt a penny

"Peter W. Rowe" wrote in message

His choice. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him
Forum: Jewelry February 28th 09, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 18
Posted By Don T
Market for imperfect gemstones?

http://www.original-diamonds.com/education_color_champange_diamonds.php

These are the browns that come from Australia. Several links on that page
that I didn't explore but after several postings...
Forum: Jewelry February 24th 09, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 2
Posted By Don T
[Ganoksin] [Issue #165] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench

"Peter W. Rowe" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:49:38 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry Limpy
Forum: Jewelry November 22nd 08, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 7
Posted By Don T
Gimp

"Rich" wrote in message
I've got a container filled with "heavy silvered gimp".

What is gimp? What is it used for? TIA.

Open...
Forum: Jewelry November 18th 08, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 12
Posted By Don T
Use of extremely fine drawplate

Need gold or Silver? I've got about 2 pounds of 32 Ga Fine Ag in my drawer.
About 0.203 mm. dia.

--

Don Thompson

Stolen from Dan: "Just thinking, besides, I watched 2 dogs mating once,
and...
Forum: Jewelry September 24th 08, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 2
Posted By Don T
request help identifying class ring

The pictures are too small and out of focus to do much good.

--

Don Thompson

Stolen from Dan: "Just thinking, besides, I watched 2 dogs mating once,
and that makes me an expert. "
Forum: Jewelry August 26th 08, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 4
Posted By Don T
winter jewelry

"Toja" wrote in message
sorry what is mink?

A small mammal with extremely sharp teeth and luxuriantly silky fur. Two...
Forum: Jewelry August 22nd 08, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 4
Posted By Don T
winter jewelry

Mink.

--

Don Thompson

Stolen from Dan: "Just thinking, besides, I watched 2 dogs mating once,
and that makes me an expert. "
Forum: Jewelry July 27th 08, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 10
Posted By Don T
Sticky wax for buffing

"eromlignod" wrote in message
Hi guys:

When I was in Jr. High crafts class, we did some lapidary work with
obsidian. ...
Forum: Jewelry December 28th 07, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 6
Posted By Don T
OT Looking for SF Bob (And Peter too.)

Bob,

On another group you wondered if the forged approval message that had been
posted to this group ( rec.crafts.jewelry ) actually made it to the group.
You also had kind things to say about...
Forum: Jewelry December 12th 07, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 3
Posted By Don T
Torch for Jewelry

wrote in message
I'm a beginner in metal-worked jewelry. Up to now I've been using cold
joints. I'd like to try...
Forum: Jewelry August 8th 06, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 3
Posted By Don T
Foredom flex shaft problem

"Brooke" wrote in message
I bought a Foredom flex shaft several years ago and removed the outer
cover of the shaft in...
Forum: Jewelry July 11th 06, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 17
Posted By Don T
I just had a site set up for my earrings

On reflection one wonders if the site is not narcissism in action. "Oh look
at how pretty I am." kind of a thing. No prices. No link to prices. Just
exhibits of ear baubles. And, so far, no...
Forum: Jewelry July 4th 06, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By Don T
Moderator's notice

Unfortunately many in the USA seem to think American traditions are
annoying.
50 years ago in Virginia folks would be shooting BIG charges of Black
Powder from their cannon in celebration of...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14